Image Dynamics CTX65 Coaxials

Participant count
  • Participant list

MisterDeadeye
10+ year member

Bannned
Nebraska
I finally got these installed after deadening my doors. They're being run off a Pioneer DEH-P4000UB, and they're not amped. EQ is 0, 0, -2, because the highs seemed to still be too harsh for me. I've turned the volume up until I couldn't handle it anymore, and got no audible distortion whatsoever. They're loud enough, they're clear enough, and I think I'm in love. If these sound as great as they do at $100, I really can't wait to try something like the HAT Imagines.

I haven't listened to anything with a good amount of midbass yet, but I plan to. Right now the crossover's set at 63Hz, but depending on how they perform, I might change it to 80.

Comparing these to Hertz and Focal, the highs would be even more harsh, correct? What would you recommend I do for the rear fill? I'm thinking about redoing my rear deck, and making some sort of enclosure for whatever woofers I end up using. Should I go ID CTX again, or should I try something else? I planned on getting 6.5s, or possibly 5.25s, if space ends up being a bit of an issue.

I don't think you'll notice a difference in sound between the imagines and the ctx coax. At least not justifiable enough to spend the money. Also get those speakers off of headunit power. That's when they'll come alive

I know, I know. I had them sitting for almost a month while I was looking for an amp, but money just got real tight, and I finally made my MDF rings, so I just decided to install them as is for a while. Also, I had a stock 7 speaker system, and when the aftermarket head unit was installed, the tweeters and dash speaker stopped working. I had midwoofers in the front doors only, and they eventually blew. I had been driving around with blown speakers for a while.

I want to eventually go 3-way active with a 6 channel, but that's going to be a long ways away.

I know, I know. I had them sitting for almost a month while I was looking for an amp, but money just got real tight, and I finally made my MDF rings, so I just decided to install them as is for a while. Also, I had a stock 7 speaker system, and when the aftermarket head unit was installed, the tweeters and dash speaker stopped working. I had midwoofers in the front doors only, and they eventually blew. I had been driving around with blown speakers for a while.
I want to eventually go 3-way active with a 6 channel, but that's going to be a long ways away.
I would love to run a 3 way set up! I'm waiting until I get a new car though. Plus I need 2 more amps. I need an id q700.2 per midbass. One on the midrange and one on tweeters. Oh and a 1200 per sub. I only have 4 of the amps. Plus I need a 4 way active capable deck. I'm leaning towards pioneer P01 or P99 but time will tell? Also I need to get an rsx for this as well. That is a good sq car.

Also I need to get an rsx for this as well. That is a good sq car.
Truth? I've wanted a Type S for a long time. Maybe this will be a car I need.

I guess until I have the funds for components, I'll just have these make do. Then I'll move these to the back. What are some good components for around $200?

Hat imagine are around $200. I'm also looking for components in this range. Also image dynamics and Boston acoustic have some nice ones in that range as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.