Image Dynamics 6x9

I got some Image Dynamics XS-69 component speakers (with the silk-dome tweeters) and some custom baffles made for them and it cost me $569. It is hard to believe that someone would sell them for $80.
different set buddy.. and 569 you got anal rapped dude

I got some Image Dynamics XS-69 component speakers (with the silk-dome tweeters) and some custom baffles made for them and it cost me $569. It is hard to believe that someone would sell them for $80.
First post huh,smells fishy for some reason

Well I did quite a bit of research before buying them and it seemed they were higher-end components (or at least higher-end middle level comparatively) and these prices were competitive from everything I found. Woofers website sells them a little cheaper but they are not authorized dealers which means no warranty from what I have heard. I really can't use a sub in my truck (2009 Tacoma access cab) because I use the back for carrying all my gear if working out of state and all my photographic equipment as well so a sub just did not make sense. Would have been nice to get these components cheaper but best price I found and the baffles are custom-made to fit these mids to the doors in my Tacoma with proper clearance. I got a ARC Audio KS-125 mini amp to power the speakers so hopefully it will all sound good when done.

Why would this post sound fishy? I posted in response to these components and have not received them to install yet. I have the raammat and ensolite to deaden the doors and all the other stuff to do it just waiting on the speakers and baffles to arrive.

So where can these components be had for so much cheaper? Enlighten me...I would really like to know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Well I did quite a bit of research before buying them and it seemed they were higher-end components (or at least higher-end middle level comparatively) and these prices were competitive from everything I found. Woofers website sells them a little cheaper but they are not authorized dealers which means no warranty from what I have heard. I really can't use a sub in my truck (2009 Tacoma access cab) because I use the back for carrying all my gear if working out of state and all my photographic equipment as well so a sub just did not make sense. Would have been nice to get these components cheaper but best price I found and the baffles are custom-made to fit these mids to the doors in my Tacoma with proper clearance. I got a ARC Audio KS-125 mini amp to power the speakers so hopefully it will all sound good when done.
Why would this post sound fishy? I posted in response to these components and have not received them to install yet. I have the raammat and ensolite to deaden the doors and all the other stuff to do it just waiting on the speakers and baffles to arrive.

So where can these components be had for so much cheaper? Enlighten me...I would really like to know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Ahhhh o.k,I just thought you were trying to eventually get the op to divulge where he got the speakers from(to get the dealer in trouble)just seems funny for a first post

the ctx line and xs line are very different. you paid what you should have for the xs line. (nice choice by the way, I run the xs65 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif)

OK I was probably mistaken about woofers being authorized sellers for ID. I saw on the ARC Audio website where they were very adamant about how they did not want any internet re-sellers who were not authorized to sell their equipment. They had a section on there where they specifically listed a few like sonicelectronix, woofers, etc. as being forbidden to sell their stuff. I guess I thought Image Dynamics was the same. Anyway I have already paid for the components so just awaiting getting here to install.

I purchased from a guy in California who is an avid car audio nut and also does really top-quality speaker enclosures / baffles etc. as he is a cabinet maker by trade. He sells several different lines like the Clarus Audio, Image Dynamics, etc. and has won in a few SQ competitions as well as helping many with their installs. He makes beautiful enclosures and is well-known for extreme craftsmanship in these enclosures. Here is his website:

http://community-2.webtv.net/MarvsPlace/MarvsPlace/

Since I live in Texas I will not be going to CA to install; I will do it at home. The only part that concerns me is the speaker depth since with the baffles it will be real close to the plastic panel and I will most likely have to do some work on that to ensure clearance since those ID's supposedly move quite a bit when cranked up and I don't want them hitting anything. I got my RAAMMat and ensolite to deaden the doors properly and then will have to figure out how to get the crossovers set right etc. I have never done any of that before so will be a learning experience.

I purchased from a guy in California who is an avid car audio nut and also does really top-quality speaker enclosures / baffles etc. as he is a cabinet maker by trade. He sells several different lines like the Clarus Audio, Image Dynamics, etc. and has won in a few SQ competitions as well as helping many with their installs. He makes beautiful enclosures and is well-known for extreme craftsmanship in these enclosures. Here is his website:
http://community-2.webtv.net/MarvsPlace/MarvsPlace/

Since I live in Texas I will not be going to CA to install; I will do it at home. The only part that concerns me is the speaker depth since with the baffles it will be real close to the plastic panel and I will most likely have to do some work on that to ensure clearance since those ID's supposedly move quite a bit when cranked up and I don't want them hitting anything. I got my RAAMMat and ensolite to deaden the doors properly and then will have to figure out how to get the crossovers set right etc. I have never done any of that before so will be a learning experience.
Mr Marv is well known

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.