Image Dynamic xs-65/xs-69

Hey Hoodlum007 you sound like you have heard these before in person.

Have you ever heard the Hybrid Audio Unitys? I got these off my HU amp and have them amped by my JL XD700/5 now. They are freakin awesome. I had to pull over and check if my sub was even working still... haha I was blown away.

---

My question is... what do you think if I put those Image Dynamics components as my rears. I'd have to custom mount the tweeters.. whatever.. no problem...

My instinct is telling me not worth it, but maybe you might have some pros/cons for me.

Have you ever heard the Hybrid Audio Unitys? I got these off my HU amp and have them amped by my JL XD700/5 now. They are freakin awesome. I had to pull over and check if my sub was even working still... haha I was blown away.
To tell the truth, I never felt the same about my HAT Imagine woofers (they're about the same as Unity woofer) in my car, and my doors are sealed. They can play deep and tight bass, but there is just enough of it to make a good, transparent blend with a sub stage. I do appreciate that they play with a 63Hz 4th order high-pass without sounding sloppy. Overall though, the speakers sound good, specially after I let my heed unit run its autoeq. Pretty neutral sound and the tweeters play good treble but without screaming "look I am your tweeter". I power them with a budget MB Quart amplifier. I sold my Class D amp before I had a chance to compare how they'd sound with >100watt power.

---

My question is... what do you think if I put those Image Dynamics components as my rears. I'd have to custom mount the tweeters.. whatever.. no problem...

My instinct is telling me not worth it, but maybe you might have some pros/cons for me.
My brother owns a set of the XS 6.5" comps and they sound incredible. I have no experience with the HAT products so I can't say anything about them. If the speakers are for the rears I personally would not spend that much money on them.

I just picked up a set of the ID CXS62v2 2ohm comps with the free ARC audio amp package from Woofersetc.com so you may want to consider that as well, can not go wrong at that price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.