I'm getting very frustrated with Fi Audio....

Rkrajnov
10+ year member

Indiana
Alright, so months ago I blew my subwoofer. It was still under Fi's one year warranty though so finally, on December 2nd, I sent it in for warranty repairs (with all proper contact information and everything filled out). I contacted Fi shortly after this inquiring how long it might take for them to get the subwoofer back to me. However, this question was not even answered and I simply received back something along the lines of them saying they were very busy and had not even had a chance to look at warranty items (which was understandable considering my sub should have just arrived there maybe a few days before this and since it was right before Christmas).

Now here's where my frustration begins. Since then, I have e-mailed them twice again to find out the status of my subwoofer, once shortly after Christmas and once maybe 5 days ago. I have heard no response to either e-mail and no contact has been made about my subwoofer. I sent it in a month and a half ago now and I figure the least they could do is call me and let me know what's going on and about how long it will be till I see it again. I was trying to be patient, but I think at this point I have the right to be somewhat frustrated. I love the subwoofer, but I am not too pleased with their customer service quality. Not really sure what I should do since they don't have an evident phone number to call and contact them. Anyone else have a situation like this with Fi?

This.
But if you blew your sub, 99% of the time, its your fault. It won't be free to fix. They will fix it for the price of just the recone kit and return shipping.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but should the company disclose that prior to a customer shipping their woofer? Telling a customer to ship their product in for warranty work then asking them to pay later is a bit sleazy in a used car salesman kinda way. Grant it, what we've read in the OP probably isn't the whole story...but it's what I inferred anyway.

In my limited dealings with Fi (email tag), I wasn't too thrilled with the service.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but should the company disclose that prior to a customer shipping their woofer?
They do.

It does not cover:

Damage due to improper installation.

Subsequent damage to other components.

Damage caused by exposure to moisture' date=' excessive heat, chemical cleaners, and/or UV radiation.[/b']

Damage through negligence, misuse, accident or abuse. Repeated returns for the same damage will be considered abuse.

Any cost or expense related to the removal or reinstallation of product.

Speakers damaged due to amplifier clipping or distortion.

Burnt or open voice coils.

Ripped, torn, or burnt spiders, lead wire, cones, or surrounds.

Items previously repaired or modified by any unauthorized repair facility.

Return shipping on non-defective items.

Products returned without a Return Authorization (RMA) number.

Freight Damage.

The cost of shipping products to FI Car Audio.

Service performed by anyone other than Fi Car Audio or an affiliated repair facility.

Not sure what you expected "warranty" to mean, but this is pretty standard for audio drivers of any kind.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.