Im confused :(

Participant count
  • Participant list

retrac
10+ year member

I Got Robbed
AR
OK Thanks first off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have 2 amps,one is a 2 channel amp( i think i get the jist of this 1) which im going to use to push one 10' speaker . And the other amp is a Bridgeable 4 channel Amp(more confusing), as far as the rca input goes it has 2 channels of input A & B .but im wondering if i can just use channel A rca input and still run 4 speakers off this amp & just use 2 of the speaker wire outputs (but with 4 speakers). I guess im doing this in order to keep from having to split the rca cord that comes out of my deck?

Is this OK?

And also can i run the 2 rca plugs that come out of deck into The 2 Channel amp rca input and then go out the rca output and then into the Channel A rca input on my 4 Channel amp?

Man i probably make no sense at all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif wish i could draw it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You cant run four channels off of two channels unless your amp lets you take the signal from A and use it for A and B. You need to get Y adapters. On another note, you can run the set from the HU to the 2ch and out of the 2ch into the 4ch, but you still need a Y adapter after the 2ch.

cool ! im still a lil worried about all this..its wierd....I just got robbed of my Alpine SBS 254f saturday night & well they dont make them anymore.It was a five channel amp built onto the side of a 10' woofer box.And im hoping i can still use the same wires that were cut back in my trunk(the speaker wires that is) .I think what my old setup did was from my deck all the speaker output wires went to the trunk,plugged in the Alpine then were amped and sent to the speakers from back in the trunk, so... some of those wires in back have to go to my speakers(im pretty sure i can figure out which ones were going to the speakers).There were no rca jacks used with this Alpine SBS 254f. Ill being using them this time around.

Does this make any sense ? and if so is this gonna be possible??

Thanks for such fast response //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

oh and I was reading about this Pioneer 4000f 4 channel amp i have and it says i should only use the fuse 30A that came with the AMP.(but it was an open goods item at circuit city) so i just got the amp no box nothin else. And i went to walmart and got a wiring kit that has a 100A fuse . You think this will be OK ???

Kind of confusing, what kind of HU do you have? If its rather new then you can just run 3 sets of Rca cables and make everything real easy. I might be missing something in your post too.

Thanks for response( i shoulda included that info) it only has a 2 prong out on back of my Pioneer DEHP 2700. So far im gathering i should go out my decks L/R rca plug into my amp "Power Accoustics LT480/2" rca inputs, then go out of that amp (get 2 Y splitters ) and go into the rca A & B channels input on my Pioneer GM 4000f.

Im going to use the Power Accoustic to push one 10' Woofer

Im going to use the Pioneer GM 4000f to amp my 4 door speakers. (its a "Brigdeable 4 Channel Power Amplifier" im not so sure about what bridging is but it has 4 sets of speaker wire outputs , so im figuring i can just hook up 1 speaker too each.....right?

And a quick question ...So if im using the 4 channel amp for door speakers i dont really want any bass in them..does this mean flip the switch to HPF???

Yes you want some bass out of them but not low freqs. High Pass them around 100-150hz, that way you will get some midbass out of them and the subs can take care of everything else.

well my 4 channel only has a switch either HPF -Off- LPF. i was trying to get a picture of the back panel up here but it is 100 kb so i wont let me post it.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Try off at first, if you hear the speakers distorting or bottoming out then go with high pass. Only other possibilty is Stinger makes these things called bass blockers you can get them at all different freqs and they will block all freqs below their rated range. I dont know how well they worked because I have never used them but ive seen them in stores before.

cool . I was trying to get a picture up of the back of my panel i got from pionner web site in the "manual" section. But this site has some restrictions on atttachments //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

So do i even have to mess with the whole bridgeable thing or can i just wire the speakers normaly??

Well 4 speakers in your car and a 4 channel amp makes it good for one speaker per channel. If you were only going to run 2 speakers then you could bridge the amp for more output.

Aight i started a new post called "New Plan"

Please refer to that one I am not going with this plan anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.