I'm building an R2-D2 Star Wars droid and it has a sub, encloser ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DKMurphy

I'm building a R2-D2 full scale radio controlled droid from Star Wars. Mostly this will be used for charity work, (children's hospitals, Make-A-Wish etc).

I have a question, more on theory than anything else. I have very little space to work with inside the droid frame. 17" high by 15" wide in a cylinder. I purchased a 10" Powerbass shallow mount sub. Mostly this will play the Star Wars theme songs (classical with big bass) and classic rock/alternative, and of course the basic beeps the robot makes.

Because I have a very small space that I have to put battery, amp, speakers, sub into, I can not make the enclosure big enough for the sub based on its spec's. I know it will have more punch if I enclose it, so I don't want to just let it sit in there. However the enclosure I make will have less volume than what the factory recommends, My estimate is 50-70% of the recommended space. What effect will this have on the sound?

Should I line the enclosure with some type of foam or padding? If so what?

An general advice you would give me on my setup that I am not thinking of?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.