Illusion Audio C10xl or Morel Ultimo Titanium 10

joshuajcone

I’ve seen reviews for the Ultimo sub, but they are all from 4+ years ago. I’m looking for some recent feedback on these 2 subs. I have some limiting factors as far as space. And I’ve pretty much narrowed down my choices to these 2. Although, the Sundown Audio E10v.3 is still a wildcard due to price/Power handling/ and I love sundown. I’m running almost a full Illusion Carbon setup in my truck minus the Focal BE tweets, so naturally I’m drawn to the Illusion subs. But they really want a sealed box, and I’m running a ported box. Im running a fox Acoustics box for 2009+ F150 with 2.1 cuft ported. The Morels seem to be open to the ported enclosure, and I have a Mosconi AS200.4 that could feed them almost the 1000watts they ask for. I appreciate people offering other suggestions, but I’d really like feedback on these 2 subs. I have a full SQ setup, and I would like something SQ by day, but SPL when it comes to jammin time.

The Ultimo hasn't changed in years so those reviews still stand.

You are looking for output with these subs and I don't really think these two are going to do it with a fox box tuned to 36hz with way too little port area.

You would be better off with a pair of jl tw5 subs in the same 2 cubic feet sealed.

Maybe even the arc audio black 12 sealed up in that space or image dynamics.

Back to the topic at hand almost any sub you put in that box is going to have a nasty peak around 40hz which doesn't qualify as getting down for me

I plan to get a custom box made, however the fox box has a custom mold on the back of the box. This allows subs more mount depth space. I’ve talked to a few custom box makers, and they say I would be limited to around 5” mount depth on a sub unless I raised my back seat.

Incriminator audio flatlyne. One of the nicest woofers on the market.
Not thread jacking, but the new flatlyne sure looks nice, was wandering how would it do ported for daily, for good music and ability to get loud when needed?

I guess it depends on your definition of spl. I have 10 tw3s ported under mine. It sounds good but I think raising the seats is the way to go to get loud. Opens up way more options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not thread jacking, but the new flatlyne sure looks nice, was wandering how would it do ported for daily, for good music and ability to get loud when needed?
I installed one recently. It's very nice. I perfer them ported very low tuned. 1.8 tuned to 28

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.