Illumination (orange wire)

jnthn296

My orange wire for the radio also runs my instrument panel lighting. My radio does not have an illumination wire to connect it to, how can i rewire the orange illumination wire. Right now i have it connected to the red wire but my instrument panel is always lighted when i start my car.

Only use the wires that are available. Wiring harnesses arent ment to make you go over loops and do install tricks for them to work right.

yea the aftermarket radio that I have doesn't have any orange wires, even though the harness does. Right now it's just a free-standing single wire with a crimped connector on it so it can't short something out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.