If you need BIG things shipped!

And I was just creeping on your pf, is that BMW in your profile pic yours?
Sadly no, lol. Not yet anyways... Whenever I decide to focus on building my community, and make it to regional director, I will be buying one. Unfortunately, I'm easily distracted and have many skill sets that I share my time between.. Lol

Nice! Sounds like a fun kinda job being able to work hard for a few hours and then pretty much getting paid to ride in the car with a friend and his dad.... But I'm sure its hard work loading and unloading everything.... I worked moving ppl from house to house last summer and it sucked. The boss had a horrible, old p.o.s. single cab 4cyl fricken ford ranger and like a 8ft trailer. Had to make like 30 trips for 1 house. Only fun thing was we would just get high and mess around. No boss there to tell ya what to do. Only reason I worked there the whole summer.
I'm DEFF not into moving people in situations like that. Lol we pull a pretty good size trailer and have a bigger one yet back home to use if necessary(50' gooseneck), so we try to do it in one trip. But sometimes plans change. I'll actually be flying home from Baltimore Friday because as we got down to DC we received a bid request to move someone's 10x15 storage unit from Massachusetts to SC.. So since I have to be back home for work, the other 2 guys will be driving back to Mass to pickup and come back down. Lol

Might need him to ship a car/clothes/tools/etc when I move from dallas to houston in a few weeks
Nail down the dates bro and let me know. I believe he's going the last weekend of June.. That'd be most of the trailer most likely if you're shipping your car as well so it wouldn't work as an afterthought. Let us know ASAP so we can arrange for ya. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Uship.com

I had a guy ship my 58 chevy from Houston to Beaumont which was like ~200 miles round trip. $225 bucks out the door.
Yes sir... There are good deals to be had, it's just you gotta be careful about how cheap you go.. Sometimes you get what you pay for ya know.. Lol

I hear that. I mean it was an open trailer, and people beat themselves up on the bids so yeah. It ended up being well worth the money though.
If you're the kind of person like me who doesn't care a lot about a few minor scuffs(since you don't take too great of care of it yourself) then going for the lowest guy is nbd.. But if you expect an absolute perfect delivery, you're gonna pay more. And even then, accidents happen and depending on how long the drive, there's a lot of things that go wrong on the road. So it's a risk but, certainly more convenient than doing it yourself many times.

Uship.com
I used this service back in 08' when I bought my Blackbird off ebay, cost me $150.00 bux to get my bike shipped from Las Vegas to Little Rock and the guy delivered it to me at my store and also gave me a 10lbs box of frozen catfish fillets to boot.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif:veryhapp://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

I'm DEFF not into moving people in situations like that. Lol we pull a pretty good size trailer and have a bigger one yet back home to use if necessary(50' gooseneck), so we try to do it in one trip. But sometimes plans change. I'll actually be flying home from Baltimore Friday because as we got down to DC we received a bid request to move someone's 10x15 storage unit from Massachusetts to SC.. So since I have to be back home for work, the other 2 guys will be driving back to Mass to pickup and come back down. Lol
Jeeze. Busy guy!!!

What's the cost per pound? I may be in the market to get some maple syrup down to Florida at some point.
There's no set cost. That's the thing. A lot of times someone will already be making a trip to that area with an almost full load and you can get them to haul it for very little bc it's just tagging along. But if its a large item or quantity, it would prob be the primary focus of the trip, this costing you more. Either way, look it up and see what you come up with my man.

I used this service back in 08' when I bought my Blackbird off ebay, cost me $150.00 bux to get my bike shipped from Las Vegas to Little Rock and the guy delivered it to me at my store and also gave me a 10lbs box of frozen catfish fillets to boot.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif:veryhapp://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif
Where'd the catfish come from? Lol

If you're the kind of person like me who doesn't care a lot about a few minor scuffs(since you don't take too great of care of it yourself) then going for the lowest guy is nbd.. But if you expect an absolute perfect delivery, you're gonna pay more. And even then, accidents happen and depending on how long the drive, there's a lot of things that go wrong on the road. So it's a risk but, certainly more convenient than doing it yourself many times.
Yeah dont get me wrong. The truck I was getting needed paint anyways so it was fine. Just have to look at who you're using and be sure to read the reviews and do your research. Because dont get me wrong, there are some bad ones out there.

Yeah you can definitely find steals too

Where'd the catfish come from? Lol
He owned a seafood restaurant in Dallas.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif:veryhapp://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ssteele18

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
ssteele18
St. Cloud, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date