If wire is wire...

1/10 of another speaker //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That's pretty f*cked.. and someone's actually bidding on it?? How about they give me $1500 instead

Originally posted by jlaine I've seen upwards of $4000 per 2M lead before... Audio voodoo and penis envy does some strange things.
Some people claim to be able to hear the difference between pure silver cables and OFC cables. Personally, I think they're probably only hearing the price difference in their minds. I guess if you spend $50,000 on a pair of speakers, it really doesn't seem so outrageous to spend $4000 or more on wires. Even though it's very likely not going to make a difference.

Originally posted by awalbert88 Some people claim to be able to hear the difference between pure silver cables and OFC cables. Personally, I think they're probably only hearing the price difference in their minds. I guess if you spend $50,000 on a pair of speakers, it really doesn't seem so outrageous to spend $4000 or more on wires. Even though it's very likely not going to make a difference.
ya its that placebo effect probably.

Originally posted by BassRacer What about RCA's u can hear a difference between unshield wire and shield wire. Right?
99% of the time - no.

If you HAPPEN to be picking up some noise frome the shields - unshielded wire MIGHT help, but generally the rca's are not to blame.

(yes, I said shields CAUSE noise - not reduce it.)

Originally posted by Jmac Yup ...

Shielded is more likely to have audible interference ...

By the way, my parents just came home with 8 gauge speaker wire for their 120 watt (maximum) home speakers off their 5x100 watt (maximum) amplifier ...

Sad ... so very sad ...
8 guage? Shizzam that's aweful thick for speakers. Unless you're running several thousand watts through the wires, there's little need for that.

Originally posted by n2audio 99% of the time - no.

If you HAPPEN to be picking up some noise frome the shields - unshielded wire MIGHT help, but generally the rca's are not to blame.

(yes, I said shields CAUSE noise - not reduce it.)
Wrong...

Not even in the general ballpark...

That's absolutely absurd that someone would buy that crap. I can't believe some num-nutted money bag bought that ****. Absolutely absurd. I can't even type straight it bothers me that much. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.