if i buy this amp..

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheBoss
10+ year member

Pimp
cleveland
im about to buy this Rockford Fosgate 900 watt amp off my buddy, right now my set up is 1 kicker 12" cvr its 400 rms and 1000 peak i think and a mtx thunder4202 amp its like a 250watt amp, if i change amps and turned the volume a bit would that lower the wattage level so my sub wont blow after 2 songs? lol i probably sound retarded but i hope someone understands what im trying to ask

If i understand your asking if you set the gains lower can you put out less wattage with the amp more along the lines of 400-500 watts instead of 900 watts. That would work just dont set them to high if you smell coil or hear wierd noises like the sub reaching max excursion then turn it down

thanks dude thats exactly what i needed to know. and its nice to see someone else from cleveland on these forums . 216 keep it real!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.