IDMax v3 12 or Diamond Audio D9 15

thadman
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Indiana
take notice that the D9 is 3" larger

Both will be given between ~800-1200 watts rms (soundstream vga800.2 or 1200d), will be used in an SQL system (2.0-2.5cf tuned to 28-32hz) in the rear of a 2001 Jetta GLS.

Which should sound better? get louder?

I've heard they had similar SQ, so which would have higher demand on the forums/ebay? What do these subs go for nowadays?

take notice that the D9 is 3" larger
Both will be given between ~800-1200 watts rms (soundstream vga800.2 or 1200d), will be used in an SQL system (2.0-2.5cf tuned to 28-32hz) in the rear of a 2001 Jetta GLS.

Which should sound better? get louder?

I've heard they had similar SQ, so which would have higher demand on the forums/ebay? What do these subs go for nowadays?
with the given power, the idmax. the d9 will want more power, and they are truely happe ported. keep in mind that if the box is correctly done, ported they sound great.

How could I go about designing a box? It would need to be a slanted box (I want it to back into my seats). At the narrowest its 39-40" wide and 19-20" tall, im not sure on the angle of the slant.

those maxxes are picky bastards very very small gaps high sensetivety and all, which is what makes them louder then most subs but, alittle distortion goes a long way with those puppys BAM!! blow patato.

I love D9s ported but that 15 will want a pretty large enclosure,about 2.5cf ported and 1.65cf sealed

The D9 will want as much power as you can give it,I have seen them take 2000watts without any issues but 1500 is the recommended RMS and imo the amps u mentioned would be too small for best output

Where as the IDmax which is a great sounding sub wont tollerate any more power than reccomended

and I have read very often that they quit working too easily from clipping and overpowering

#1 Which would fetch more on the forums/ebay?

#2 Which has better low-end extension?

#3 I have enough room to go ported (I havent seen a response graph of the D9, but ported @ 28hz for the IDMax seems real sweet, the sealed only seems to make a difference around 10-12hz)

wow...you must have a smallass room.

3.5 x 4 x 2 is about 28 cubes w/o mdf thickness and driver displacement taken into account.

you can get the d9 on ebay for $375, or thats what it was the last I noticed one on there. very good sounding subs and worth the money. its pretty rare for the max's to be on ebay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.