IDMAX 10 or JL 10W6v2?

hows your low end with that box? my comps are in about 1 cubes a piece and they play 30hz better than 40 which is why im still hanging on to them. but i need more lol
i want my back wall to go from flexing 1/4inch to about double that. i was thinking to icon tens on a 20.1in 1.13cubes each but since they are known to dig deep im reallly curious if i can bump up to twelves in the same airspace without losing my low end
The low end is nothin special good enough for an sq build but...way better in my ported box. If U want more low now, i wouldnt do sealed dayton HOs....go ported at 29hz 0.7cu each net

If I want low lows, I'm thinking skar or tc

The low end is nothin special good enough for an sq build but...way better in my ported box. If U want more low now, i wouldnt do sealed dayton HOs....go ported at 29hz 0.7cu each net
If I want low lows, I'm thinking skar or tc
trying to stay seal though. if i go ported ill do two 15s or 18s and just rip out my back seats. lol

I'd love to...I'm thinking of selling my Daytona for a single 12 or 13 w6 or used w7...
Any reason u don't wanna use JL?
just the cliche of jl over priced as hell the equipment is good i just dont like the marketing for it. i can usually fine much better for less

If you're stuck with 450 watts RMS, you are hard pressed to beat the W6v2 in the SQ department. It is IASCA's most winning sound quality sub ever. Also more efficicent then the IDMax which will be starved for power with only 450 watts on tap. If your goal is SPL at the expense of SQ, I'd look at another sub and another amp.

If you're stuck with 450 watts RMS, you are hard pressed to beat the W6v2 in the SQ department. It is IASCA's most winning sound quality sub ever. Also more efficicent then the IDMax which will be starved for power with only 450 watts on tap. If your goal is SPL at the expense of SQ, I'd look at another sub and another amp.
what the hell is this? explain this starved for power the sub doesnt need 1000w rms to perform correctly. it can handle more but it isnt needed. most of the time the subs will only see a few watts anyway. unless you are playing sinewaves the difference in output will be minimum.

FWIW, I am running my 12" IDMax at 225W in a 3.0cuft @ 28hz box, and it sounds perfect. I have it matched with a CXS64v2 component set up front off around 150w each side and it keeps up just fine.

Daytons are a nice SQ woofer. But they trade a small box for efficiency. I think you could do better with a different sub sealed in this case.
The Dayton Reference HO subs are the ones that have low efficiency in sealed box. The HF line should be fine. 10 inch HF sub could work in a 0.75cu ft box or so, with peak to peak xmax excursion reached with about 250watts. 450watts would be somewhat excessive but fine. This would be my favorite 10 inch sub to try out first, since its price is less than half of the others subs discussed. The only issue is that one way xmax of 12.5mm is nothing special and it's only available in 4 and 8 ohm version. That's not a big deal though since it doesn't take much power to reach limits of this subwoofer.

The Dayton Reference HO subs are the ones that have low efficiency in sealed box. The HF line should be fine. 10 inch HF sub could work in a 0.75cu ft box or so, with peak to peak xmax excursion reached with about 250watts. 450watts would be somewhat excessive but fine. This would be my favorite 10 inch sub to try out first, since its price is less than half of the others subs discussed. The only issue is that one way xmax of 12.5mm is nothing special and it's only available in 4 and 8 ohm version. That's not a big deal though since it doesn't take much power to reach limits of this subwoofer.
Yes, I was thinking of the ho version with my comment. The HF should make a very nice sub. It has triple shorting rings in the motor for very low distortion and Le. This is something not found on most subs in this price range. Also PE has very good customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:
what the hell is this? explain this starved for power the sub doesnt need 1000w rms to perform correctly. it can handle more but it isnt needed. most of the time the subs will only see a few watts anyway. unless you are playing sinewaves the difference in output will be minimum.
The W6v2 in a sealed alignment is more efficient then the IDMax. Given his 450 watt fixed requirement, my suggestion was based solely on getting the most output with the best SQ out of his amp.

The W6v2 in a sealed alignment is more efficient then the IDMax. Given his 450 watt fixed requirement, my suggestion was based solely on getting the most output with the best SQ out of his amp.
the wattage was his only fixed requirement, take that w6 and put it in a .8cube 'recommended' sealed box then put the idmax10 in a 1 cube 'larger than recommended' box and id put money hands down that the idmax will be louder on the same wattage.

yes the jl would be more efficient if space was a requirement but since he has some fiddle room with space a bigger pox can increase the efficiency of the idmax to outperform the w6.

with 60 post it doesnt surprise me that you would think like this but i can tell you if you adjust the box size the idmax will outperform the w6. as far as sq is concerned that's subjective.

some people love the w7 cause it has a unique sound just like digital designs sub or even infinite baffle setups each setup has a unique sound but output is measurable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.