Idiot or Genius or Just Plain Crazy

Hmm? Does Traction Problem mean that with barely a tap of the accelerator, the tires squeal and the front end comes off the ground about 6 inches????

Oh, I like my new engine...............//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

take it easy,

-zane

two things............

by the way, to hit 750 h.p., you have to do a hell of a lot more than run n.o.s. and a blower...

i hope by that u mean internally, cuz you can hit 700hp without either. check out nascar, nhra pro street, just to mention a few. it takes money, the right mix of compression, cam design, bore/stroke and the the list goes on, but can be done.

The same tires as the special Supercharged, Viper-Engine Dodge Ram.
not to be rude, the srt10 ram ISN'T supercharged. it uses the NEW 8.2 ltr v-10 from the new viper. it's naturally aspirated. check out 4adodge.com and click on the srt10 link. it is 500hp and 500 fpds of torque thru the vipers 6 spd trans and into (i think) p355/35 r24 tires. w/out some to aid downforce in the back, even those skins aren't going to hook-up under a 1/2 ton truck!

trade your truck in on a syclone then just modify the ignition and turbines...would be cheaper lol prolly faster too if if if if you could find 1
know where you can get one (typhoon) for $15,000. and audiolife is right, not too much more needed to make'em un-godly fast. and being all-wheel drive, well, that help's the hook-up problem.

just my 2 cntz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If your gonna put all this money in it , Why not pull the engine take it to a machine shop , Have it built correctly , add a good cam ,pistons ect, Easily can get a 360 to do 350-400 hp with just this and a littel tuning , I mean what are we talking $1000 and a little work here ! Man whatever happend to real HP !! The only reason I did a SC is my trucks under warranty (HEHE) and i can pull this if i have any problems ! Once im out of my factory warranty the engines coming out and getting done ! Personally i think doing it yourself is much more satisfying than lettng someone else doing it and having a NA( naturally aspirated ) engine putting out 350-400 HP is just COOL ! You gotta like the lopeity lopeity lope ! !!!! But then again Im from the old school !!

Originally posted by Spddracer Personally i think doing it yourself is much more satisfying than lettng someone else doing it and having a NA( naturally aspirated ) engine putting out 350-400 HP is just COOL ! You gotta like the lopeity lopeity lope ! !!!! But then again Im from the old school !!
I completely agree.

Did it, still doing it too. Have about 375HP from my SVT 302 now. Should be at or slightly above 400HP by weeks end. No NOS, Supercharging, or turbocharging. No forced induction of any kind. All 100% Engine! Too bad I cant cut it loose for another 4600 miles yet........ I would love to get this thing to the track and get some numbers .

There is nothing like the satisfaction you recieve from doing everything yourself. Allthough, a helping hand is nice every now and then too... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

- Hey, them motors are heavy- good to have an extra pair of hands to move them arround in areas stands and pullers cant get to..

take it easy,

-zane

naturally aspirated is cool, but there comes a point and time when the dollar to horsepower ratio becomes way too high, and a blower or nitrous is really the most cost effective way to go! if it's your goal to build a really fast naturally aspirated vehicle, then more power to you! i'm all for it! but i have limited finances, and the joy of putting the smack down on big block, tubbed camaros and the like is too much fun!!! oh, by the way... isn't pulling the front wheels off the ground the coolest feeling??? the first time my stang did it, i almost crapped!! thankfully, i have it on video (it was at milan dragway, in michigan). just don't put it on the bumper too often, it can get expensive //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

naturally aspirated is cool, but there comes a point and time when the dollar to horsepower ratio becomes way too high, and a blower or nitrous is really the most cost effective way to go!
that's true, to a point. while not cheap, they add hp QUICK! and you can only squeeze out so much hp for so much $! but.............

You gotta like the lopeity lopeity lope ! !!!!
CAN I GET A AMEN??!!

and nothing beats the smell of high octane gas idling by! and nothing feels as good as a big ole' motor loping along vibrating everything!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

mmmm..... nothin' like the smell of race fuel in the mornin'!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm the little confused kid in this meaning i have no freakin idea what you guys are babbling about tho i do wish i did understand.

Here's the go and i hope somebody bites.... In july this year i'll be getting my "new" car and the fiat will go bye bye. When i have this car the install wont take weeks because most of the **** i'm going to install will be prepared before i have the car (subs will go into rear seats, amps go into double trunk floor) so my audio will be up and running in a flash....

I've set aside a total amount of 7500 euro (around 7500 bucks) to spend on tuning the car and there comes my massive question attack;

What is wise to start with and why to start there? What can i expect for that money if the first priority you would set would be outer design (casings)? Also am really really REALLY curious what a NOS system costs and when you can implementate one also the follow up question about how bad it is for your engine interests me...

If anybody is willing to answer my questions in a detailed way so that i do not only know prices and components but also understand why the components are to be placed i would be really thankfull (altho it might be wise to do so in a mail session).

If anybody is up for it, beast@beaststyle.nu would be great

u can write a book longer than war and peace over this...from what i seen a good NOS system starts at 600-700 bucks (might be light but why blow the motor) and if you are a newbie to it i wouldnt suggest a NOS anyway lol i seen a kid showing off blow up his lil 4 banger using it....beef it up n supercharge it costs more to do but is cheaper i think in the long run

My approach for NOS would be that i would want one on the moment that my car would not be able to become faster in any other way besides NOS, i understand that there's to much to tell about this but i''m just looking for a good start, the things that are done on the beamer are a other airfilter, other exhaust, chiptuned and something that had to do with the wheelbars (dutch = nokassen, dunno right english word)

wuts next ?

beastyle............

your off to the right start by improving the engine's breathing, meaning better intake(filter, maybe cold air or ram air, free flowing exhaust, and timing, usally a chip). after that it becomes endless. kinda of like car audio, it depends on what your after and then personal preference as to parts,ie holly or edlebrock. of course engine displacement, power curve and gearing all play a role in accomplishing the end result.

something that had to do with the wheelbars (dutch = nokassen, dunno right english word)
do you meaned lowered? maybe the suspension is re-enforced, modified?

anyway, are you after all out quick, all out fast or both? as to NOS, $600-$700 US will likely get you into a bottle up to 100hp or so. at that level there is little needed to do to the internals. however, like zane has said, NOS w/ aftermarket chip can cause problems. research all you can at good automotive sites(summit, jegs, paws). to much NOS can literally MELT pistons and such, so to err on cautions side is a good tip until u get more experience.

check into cams, plugs, wires, anything ignition. that always helps. don't forget throttle body's, tb spacers and all as well. more air intake needs more fuel intake and vice versa.

and so on and so forth...............

mmmm..... nothin' like the smell of race fuel in the mornin'!!
YEP YEP!!!!

Certainly will do so, thanks for the information so far //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The goal i want to achieve is a very very freakin kewl looking car which drives godly with GREAT audio around you. The speed is just a bonus and am sorry to say that it will come last tho ofcourse when you have an ace looking sportscar it needs to accerlate the way it looks...

But according to you guys i fan better tune up the engine by more basic modifications rather then dumping in the NOS to fast, which sounds pretty **** fine for me (not worried that the NOS would blow up the car, just worried i get blown up, which would ****)

peace

tune up the engine by more basic modifications rather then dumping in the NOS to fast,
IMO, that's a great decision, when you get more experience, you get more goodies!

good luck on your ride

Originally posted by Phatillusion

Well, I'd say you have a very good chance, but is it really worth the money you will have to slam into your truck?

well if you got the money....i dont see why not....go for it....good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.