Identify this RE XXX *PLS* 2002?

Should I buy this for $150 or get my $50 back?

• Buy!

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Get dat $$$!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

glitchsta
10+ year member

I have the chance to buy this RE XXX but I wanna make sure im not getting screwed over in this deal so I would like to hear some input from the pros! Owner says that this is a Resonant Engineering 12" XXX Subwoofer 1600 watts. 2002 model. 300 oz magnet. quad (4) single ohm voice coils, and he has had it in the original box since he got it...Any info on what magnet that is? The frame? I figure if anything I could have that sucker rebuilt into something really sick...What I am paying is $150 and I have already paid the guy $50 to hold it for me, he is allowing me to make payments which is cool with me...I just thought this may be a good find...can someone please verify this so I can sleep a lil better tonight...Here are some pics...

I have the chance to buy this RE XXX but I wanna make sure im not getting screwed over in this deal so I would like to hear some input from the pros! Owner says that this is a Resonant Engineering 12" XXX Subwoofer 1600 watts. 2002 model. 300 oz magnet. quad (4) single ohm voice coils, and he has had it in the original box since he got it...Any info on what magnet that is? The frame? I figure if anything I could have that sucker rebuilt into something really sick...What I am paying is $150 and I have already paid the guy $50 to hold it for me, he is allowing me to make payments which is cool with me...I just thought this may be a good find...can someone please verify this so I can sleep a lil better tonight...Here are some pics...
good buy

rexxx.png

you're welcome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

In other words... This thing is a beast of a sub and loves the lows

Nice find i have four of the 2003 models great subs very accurate and as previously said they love a box tuned from26 to 30hrtz, It looks like an 03 or 04 model with a different basket and obviously a recone, awesome buy man looks great for its age!!

Looks like you got some spider sag though if you get to looking for a recone and want oem specs call FI they have them for pretty cheap still well worth the money as the subs sits i have seen motors sell for more easily

So you think its been reconed??...he says "it has spent the majority of its life in the original shipping box I received it in. Purchased from RE out of Las Vegas, NV." in 2002..still worth the $150 reconed or not right?

Well thanks for everyones input looks like I will be buying this bad boy....may as well start planning a box for it...Anyone know how many cubes it will need and any other tips for an oldschool XXX??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...