Ideal Sub

What size ID Q sub should I go with for SQ?

• 10 inch

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 12 inch

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

bigaudiofanati2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Okay for many many many years I have been told that 10 is the optimal SQ sub size. I have been told they stay tighter on things like drubs and all. But a friend of mine is trying to convince me that a 12 would be even better for SQ. The sub in question is a ID Q sub. They way I look at the whole thing is a 8 or a 10 inch sub being like a car they can speed up and slow down very fast. I look at a 12 being like a mini suv takes some more time to do both. Than the 13-20 inch are like big vans and hummers even 18 wheelers rely long time to speed up and slow down. Laugh if you want that is just how I look at it. And I might be wrong about this. So what do you think should I go with a 10 or a 12 for a rely nice SQ setup.

Okay for many many many years I have been told that 10 is the optimal SQ sub size. I have been told they stay tighter on things like drubs and all. But a friend of mine is trying to convince me that a 12 would be even better for SQ. The sub in question is a ID Q sub. They way I look at the whole thing is a 8 or a 10 inch sub being like a car they can speed up and slow down very fast. I look at a 12 bing like a mini suv takes some more time to do both. Than the 13-20 inch are like big vans and hummers even18 wheelers rely long time to speed up and slow down. Laugh if you want that is just how I look at it. So what do you think should I go with a 10 or a 12 for a rely nice SQ setup.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

what if the 10 is a honda civic with a small motor and braking system

what if a 12 is a corvette with a big motor and big breaks and weighs %25 more then the civic

there more to a sub then the size of the cone. the power of the motor is whats gonna determine if its lazy or fast and tight

also larger subs tend to have a lower FS, wich is something you would want in a SQ sub. also a larger sub dosnt have to work as hard(move as much) to get the same out put. the less it moves the cleaner it COULD sound

also the nicest sound sub ive hurd to date was my 15" RE SE

Okay for many many many years I have been told that 10 is the optimal SQ sub size. I have been told they stay tighter on things like drubs and all. But a friend of mine is trying to convince me that a 12 would be even better for SQ. The sub in question is a ID Q sub. They way I look at the whole thing is a 8 or a 10 inch sub being like a car they can speed up and slow down very fast. I look at a 12 being like a mini suv takes some more time to do both. Than the 13-20 inch are like big vans and hummers even 18 wheelers rely long time to speed up and slow down.
Everything you just said is completely wrong.

Cone diameter has essentially nothing to do with the transient response of a driver. Smaller drivers are not inherently "faster" or "tighter", and larger drivers are not inherently "slower".

Seriously, so some searching on the subject. It has been discussed at length and ad nauseam by myself and several others.

Everything you just said is completely wrong.
Cone diameter has essentially nothing to do with the transient response of a driver. Smaller drivers are not inherently "faster" or "tighter", and larger drivers are not inherently "slower".

Seriously, so some searching on the subject. It has been discussed at length and ad nauseam by myself and several others.
+1

Searching is your friend. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...