Ideal Amp for 2 AB XFL 12's?

Participant count
  • Participant list

FadedSpy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I was thinking about the VFL150.1 but it's got a hefty price tag. I'm currently running a Brutus Brz 2400.1D which I feel is doing a pretty good job at the moment. I just want to see what other suggestions you guys may have for those subs? I know they can handle a lot of power so I'm just curious more than anything.

Give me your ideas =D

I am running the American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1d on one set of xfl 12s at one ohm, and another on a second set of xfl 12s. In my sig. Those amps are just crazy power for as small as they are. Subs are in single chambers.. It takes power to make power. I just got my last amp to finalize my build of 1-4480.1 per sub at 2ohms ea.. Nice amps

I built my box with a 5" wide slot port to one side tuned to 34hz. I just think that I can hit. 150 db with the right amp. I'm at 100db with box facing rear right now. I'll be spinning it around and dealing off the trunk next week and hopefully I'll gain some db's I will try to sell my current amp for $200 and then try to find a better amp around $400 if possible. What about the Rubicon 2500??

I built my box with a 5" wide slot port to one side tuned to 34hz. I just think that I can hit. 150 db with the right amp. I'm at 100db with box facing rear right now. I'll be spinning it around and dealing off the trunk next week and hopefully I'll gain some db's I will try to sell my current amp for $200 and then try to find a better amp around $400 if possible. What about the Rubicon 2500??
Just say no to the rubicon. Soundqubed or Crescendo.

The Soundstream Rubicon's are stout amps. IDK what DDtC meant by his statement

c0md.jpg

6lc4.jpg

7rqp.jpg

1s60.jpg

You should try to get a solid 3-3.5k amp on those XFL's. I doubt you'd gain anything, maybe tenths, by going with a quality amp over that Hifonics.

The Soundstream Rubicon's are stout amps. IDK what DDtC meant by his statement
c0md.jpg

6lc4.jpg

7rqp.jpg

1s60.jpg

You should try to get a solid 3-3.5k amp on those XFL's. I doubt you'd gain anything, maybe tenths, by going with a quality amp over that Hifonics.
They are not solid at all. I had one, traded for a SAZ-2500 and gained 2db. Everything else was the same, both set with scopes. 2db is a huge gain

I know where you can get a used 150.1 for $400
When I get back from vacation next week I'm going to post my amp on CL and see what I can get for it around here. If I can get at east 2 bills I'll see if you still have access to the above mentioned amp. I would love to have it. Thanks for the heads up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.