Idea for the site

Participant count
  • Participant list

xSPLoder
10+ year member

o_0
The Roc, NY
An old sport bike forum I used to be on before they shut it down had this and I though it was cool. But is there a possibility of adding a chat box to the main page that everyone can chat in real time with? It would help a lot with post dumping, getting quicker answers and for people to shoot the breeze in.

Just an idea
@CarAudio\.com Admin ; @MikeofTulsa ; @whitedragon551 ;

Last edited by a moderator:
i got used to a global shoutbox. pretty easy to do, and different ways. it worked out pretty good with the re-post delay built in. i forgot how long, since it's been years, but i think somewhere in the 2-5 sec. it would pop up with "you must wait x-seconds to post again" come to think of it, it may have been 10 seconds. one better thing, was that premium members, mods, etc did not have the post delay. also, new and unregistered members could not post in the shout. not sure about this forum, but i could not get the zetaboard free/supplied shoutbox was not real good. it was more of a chat room, and i could not make it global. it needed to be hosted elsewhere and inserted globally to work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.