malware is back goob....

HerpDerp.png

yep chrome is giving me a warning message when I click on links in the classifieds

fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it

oh and did I say fix that shit!

It seems that a site someone was posting an image from was causing the malware notifications. Please be aware of linking images from any sites you're not familiar with and arent safe.

you know, i've been thinking about it for years, but i can't stand when people use weird photo sites, like flikr, or whatever mostly for this reason. photobucket, imho, has been the tried and true safer site. i hate having to look at pics from these other sites, and always need to contend with those freaking annoying adware things leaching off the page and trying to do stuff when all i really want to do is see a stupid picture. and, that includes stupid links to pictures hosted on social networks like ficalbook, twatter, etc. i can deal with the ads on a photobucket link when someone uses the wrong link tag, even though it takes about 10 min to load the whole page at work, but i hate picking up bugs because someone is too lazy to learn how to properly post, or upload a picture from a decent place. [/rant]

you know, i've been thinking about it for years, but i can't stand when people use weird photo sites, like flikr, or whatever mostly for this reason. photobucket, imho, has been the tried and true safer site. i hate having to look at pics from these other sites, and always need to contend with those freaking annoying adware things leaching off the page and trying to do stuff when all i really want to do is see a stupid picture. and, that includes stupid links to pictures hosted on social networks like ficalbook, twatter, etc. i can deal with the ads on a photobucket link when someone uses the wrong link tag, even though it takes about 10 min to load the whole page at work, but i hate picking up bugs because someone is too lazy to learn how to properly post, or upload a picture from a decent place. [/rant]
I agree and that is what caused the last malware issue. Linking in pictures from other non-reputable sites is really putting everyone on the site at risk of being infected, or effected in some way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Imtjnotu

5,000+ posts
Me Gusta Edition
Imtjnotu
San Diego CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date