Idea for (2) 18" RE MT's...

SHiZNiLTi
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have (2) 18" RE MT's on the way and have allready decided that I'm not going to have any more rear seats in my 2dr blazer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I want to create a very effecient box since I'm only going to have 1800rms per sub for right now.

Should I completly remove my rear seats and build a wall or should I just fold the seats down and do a CRX?

Size & port area?

completely remove seats.

i wouldnt go wall..but instead a big ass box laying down with the subs and port firing up.

6-8ft^3 (per driver) to 34hz?

edit: 5-7..not 6-8.

Any other ideas of waht a couple of 18" MTs would perform best in.

I'd like some more input on

A. The amount of cuft to build the enclosure to.

B. Tuning

C. How much port area to use

D. How to make the box so the subs are more effecient

This is a daily driver. and keep in mind for right now I only have 1800rms to give each sub.

Thanks!

Any other ideas of waht a couple of 18" MTs would perform best in.
I'd like some more input on

A. The amount of cuft to build the enclosure to.

B. Tuning

C. How much port area to use

D. How to make the box so the subs are more effecient

This is a daily driver. and keep in mind for right now I only have 1800rms to give each sub.

Thanks!
a. 20cf

b. 28hz

c. 300sqin

d. by using such a big ass box (10cf per) you are lowering the power handling, which should make the subs more efficient with alot less power than they could take otherwise. im sure someone will correct me if im wrong...

shiznilti im in the same boat as you...

I have 2 18 mt's on the way and only going to be throwing 2k on each

I have been talking to Belunt about a box for my grand cherokee and he said 5-7 cuft per woofer and 4 6" areo's in the low to mid 30"s

15cu ft. 28-30hz. and do a slot/square port. Roll all the inside corners of the box with fiberglass/resin. all thread for support.

Why didn't you just add another fully loaded BTL? Plus why would you take the rear seats out when you can fold them down flat and put a box on top of them.

Why didn't you just add another fully loaded BTL? Plus why would you take the rear seats out when you can fold them down flat and put a box on top of them.
The BTL I was running was a 2 ohm DVC, The MT's are 1 ohm DVC. If I was to get another 2ohm DVC BTL I'd hafta run .5 ohm or 2 ohm. With the MT's I can get a 1ohm load which is perfect for my amp. Plus I picked up (2) freshly reconed MT's for $550 total, which is pretty much the cost of a new Fully Loaded BTL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If I was to fold the rear seats down I would only have 30" of height to work with.

If I was to remove the rear seats I would have 40" of height to work with.

With both options I will only have 37" of width to wrok with..

With the rear seats removed you can see how this will give me alot more room verticaly to work with, especialy if I choose to build a wall.

Here is a side shot of my 2dr blazer to help understand the layout of it....

blazersideshot2se3.jpg

Below are the dimensions to work with, when the rear seats fold down they are actually level with the rear cargo area...

blazer18sug5.jpg

Let me know what you think I should do with this room.

Another question that I have is that I've noticed alot of you have reccomended that I tune to 28-30hz. Do the MT's really like to be tuned that low? I was originaly thinking to do about 35hz for tuning, opinions?

Net Volume: 16 cuft

Tuning: 33 Hz

Port Height: 6.5"

Port Width: 35.5"

Port Length: 23.25"

Port Area: 230.75 sq.in.

External Dimensions: 37" wide x 29.5" tall x 36.25" deep.

Seats folded down flat, subs and port face forward, port will be above the subs across the box....

blazer18sug5.jpg

I've got 1800rms going to each RE MT 18.

Should this get loud?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.