ID CXS vs Polk SR6500

I've owned both, and I feel if you are running them with the passive crossovers...I would stick with the Image Dynamics set. I really liked the midbass/midrange output on the ID set, and the tweeters are both kind of harsh (to my ears)

After I had both of those sets, I ran an active setup with the Image Dynamics OEM mid and the seas neo textile tweeter and after tuning, this setup had a LOT better output and the tweeter was not near as fatiguing to the ear!!

So if you are running passive, ID...if you decide to run an active setup...piece something together.

I have SR6500's and am VERY happy with them. I have not had the chance to hear them passive since I purchased them used and appears one of the tweeter networks was/is messed up in one of the crossovers.

With a bit of tuning they sound great. Plenty of midbass and to me the tweeters are perfect. Very detailed and not too bright or harsh at all. Only thing I would say is the tweeters do like to be aimed on axis, otherwise you will loose a bit of the higher frequency detail.

The Id's can take shitload of power and get real loud. I can't even hear my rearfill at all, even if the fader is at 0. Giving those 300watts and they never complained

The mids are awesome and tweeters are great. They're a little more agressive than the tw-25 from cdt.

hey NoTraction, both companies make good products, but just make sure you deaden your doors as well, placement & aiming will play a great part in your install.

what is the power rating on your amp??

what head unit are you planning to use, the head unit will make a difference as well.

you never told use your budget???

hey NoTraction, both companies make good products, but just make sure you deaden your doors as well, placement & aiming will play a great part in your install.what is the power rating on your amp??

what head unit are you planning to use, the head unit will make a difference as well.

you never told use your budget???
Looking at running a DLS A5 amp. This will give 100w each to the ID CXS62 and 500w to a single IDQ12v3D4

Head unit is Pioneer Premier DEH-P690UB (with usb and ipod adapters).

Budget for the comps is about $400.00

Doors and rear of the car and floor has been deadened with Dynamat xtreme.

I have a pair of the SRs. With the supplied x-overs and the tweeters in the A-pillars, the sound is overly bright and thin, almost to the point of causing pain. I also owned a pair of CXSs which to this day stand as one of the worst sounding car speakers I've heard in any of my installs. They sounded like mud - veiled, opaque, and undefined. Imagine placing a hand over your mouth and trying to speak, and you'll have the IDs. For an active system, I can recommend the Polks.

I have a pair of the SRs. With the supplied x-overs and the tweeters in the A-pillars, the sound is overly bright and thin, almost to the point of causing pain. I also owned a pair of CXSs which to this day stand as one of the worst sounding car speakers I've heard in any of my installs. They sounded like mud - veiled, opaque, and undefined. Imagine placing a hand over your mouth and trying to speak, and you'll have the IDs. For an active system, I can recommend the Polks.

This is the first negative thing I've heard about the CXS:eek:

Pretty well every post or review are very positive about this set.

This is the first negative thing I've heard about the CXS:eek:
Pretty well every post or review are very positive about this set.
You realize that a large number of folks recommending the product on the forums have never heard it, right? All I read were raves, too, until I actually listened to the IDs for myself in my own car. Alas, it was a bit late, as the money was already spent. It all depends on one's point of reference. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You should take a look at the Alpine SPX-17 Pros.The tweeters are very close to the Polks and I think the mids are a little better.I don't agree with all the hype on the ID's-although they are a nice set.

I probably wouldn't consider ID if I could mount the tweeter in A-pillar.

But in my situation, and perhaps OPs, the tweeter must be mounted coaxially, thus reducing other options.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

magliteman

10+ year member
magliteman
Somewhere
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from