id chameleons

Participant count
  • Participant list

newb
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Now when running components, you'd want to keep the tweeter as close to mid as possible. The Image Dynamic Chameleons, well you have the option of running them as comps or as coaxials? Whats the benefit over the other? Im thinking running it as coaxial benefits you more because the tweet is sitting right on top of the mid. Please shed some light on me. Thanks.

Another quick question. If running it as a coaxial, do I still need the crossover? If you do, how would you hook that up?

Installation issues where the tweet wont fit with a grill over the mid.

Also, some people are able to achieve better imaging with the tweet away from the mid but they're generally pretty experienced.

You still need the crossover when mounting coaxially if you plan on keeping it passive. The wires for the tweeter go straight down the middle of the mid and out the back, completely separate from the wires for the mid. Then you just take both sets of wires to the crossover. It's pretty self explanatory when you buy the whole component set.

Installation issues where the tweet wont fit with a grill over the mid.Also, some people are able to achieve better imaging with the tweet away from the mid but they're generally pretty experienced.

You still need the crossover when mounting coaxially if you plan on keeping it passive. The wires for the tweeter go straight down the middle of the mid and out the back, completely separate from the wires for the mid. Then you just take both sets of wires to the crossover. It's pretty self explanatory when you buy the whole component set.

Ok cool. It's because Im planning to go horns later on and I dont want to cut any holes on my door panel for the tweets. So basically its not really a coaxial setup then. So with decent to very little tune, do you think running it coaxially will have a better soundstage? Because all I have to tune for now, is just my very old Eclipse hu, which has the basic options for the bass and tweeter adjustments and my amps to help with the crossover.

So with decent to very little tune, do you think running it coaxially will have a better soundstage? Because all I have to tune for now, is just my very old Eclipse hu, which has the basic options for the bass and tweeter adjustments and my amps to help with the crossover.
It'll have a better soundstage if they're aimed correctly, which is just a trial and error process. If you just throw them coaxially into the doors, then you will probably not have an optimal soundstage. It's ok without major eq'ing, but you should get better tuning ability in the future to get everything you can out of the speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

newb

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
newb
los angles, ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date