ID 6.5 OEM's running two way passive

Participant count
  • Participant list

DFW40
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I have run these active before with great results but sold the tweeters and the amp that I was using for that setup. Anyways how high will these play while still sounding good 3000-5000 hz? In other words can you use them with an Alpine Type passive crossover and the Alpine tweeters. I have these installed and was wondering what it would sound like to swap out the type r mids for the OEM's. Thanks

Are ID OEM woofers the same as XS or CTX? I believe someone asserted in the past that, according to ID, the XS mids play up to 2KHz and then start a natural roll-off above. The CTX play to up about 1.8KHz or so and then start rolling off above that frequency. This makes them difficult woofers to work with as you pretty much need a tweeter that plays very low. Note that any >6.5 inch mid will have a dip above 2KHz off axis. I had a feeling that Alpine Type-Rs implement a low pass on woofer at about 3KHz. You can certainly plug in the ID mid and see what happens.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.