Votes: 8 50.0%
  • OTHER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jag09
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Indiana
im looking for a sub with more spl the sq but decent sq. right now i have a atomic ap/spl and tested it out on a friends amp and box. how does the ssa icon & hd3 12" compare to the ap/spl? i know a btl would blow these out of the water but as of now i dont have the money to buy an amp to power it. so any sugguestions?

like how power hungry though? less or more than my ap/spl? which would get louder in a truck setup if the hd3= 4.5ft^3 @ 35hz ap/spl= 2.5ft^3 @ 35hz?

im looking for a sub with more spl the sq but decent sq. right now i have a atomic ap/spl and tested it out on a friends amp and box. how does the ssa icon & hd3 12" compare to the ap/spl? i know a btl would blow these out of the water but as of now i dont have the money to buy an amp to power it. so any sugguestions?[/QUOTE]
What all the subs have the ability to get loud.

How much power do u have?

id take the hd3 over the icon personally, hd3's are pretty power hungry tho
Power hungry compared to what.

i think the icon is aimed towards SQ than the HD3 is
Cant comment on that ,I never heard the Icon.The HD3 sounds d@mn good for how loud it gets.

like how power hungry though? less or more than my ap/spl? which would get louder in a truck setup if the hd3= 4.5ft^3 @ 35hz ap/spl= 2.5ft^3 @ 35hz?
What???

U have a good speaker point blank.Invest time and money in mdf.Build and rebuild until u find works best for u.Some people have to learn the hard way by wasting money on tryin this sub or this sub and so on.Work with what ya got THEN go from there.

the bass im used to is 2 w7's and 3 w6's in a tahoe.

ive been looking on here for an hd3 f/s/t because it was gonna be the first sub i bought but couldnt find one so i bought the ap/spl

If you purpose is sheer output and high scores on the termlab, go with the HD3. That is more its focus.

If you want clean sound all the way down with strong output and are not worried about competition, then the ICON is a good option. What is going to power your sub?

I will suggest a different driver if the ICON is not a good fit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

jag09

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
jag09
Indiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies