I wish rockford built them like they used to!

goingdef
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Norfolk VA
Just finally got this new amp figured out it was a pita since I have never messed with or even heard of a qfc setting but after it was all said and done I gain set my amp 16-mc2000D to 2000w rms and let my 12" HX2's have it and they took it like a champ! pulled them out of the box to give them a good once over and still like new, not too bad since the rms is only 500 on each. All the T1 and T2's I have had lately seem to come apart real easy right where the bottom spider glues to the basket. I just wish they build them like they use too.

thats so true rockford has lost their quality so much is not even funny. Old school rockford fosgate for life //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Just finally got this new amp figured out it was a pita since I have never messed with or even heard of a qfc setting but after it was all said and done I gain set my amp 16-mc2000D to 2000w rms and let my 12" HX2's have it and they took it like a champ! pulled them out of the box to give them a good once over and still like new, not too bad since the rms is only 500 on each. All the T1 and T2's I have had lately seem to come apart real easy right where the bottom spider glues to the basket. I just wish they build them like they use too.
You have some data to support this? I have seen plenty of HX2' fail. So are you saying that because the current subs don't handle double their rated power, their not as good? Some would argue that that makes them better since they are truer to spec. If that's not what you meant maybe you can clarify.

I love my Rf amp, but I won't go near their new subs.
Their newest subs are arguably better than the pre-2000 subs. Old engineer is back, he's doing some impressive design work. Build quality has gone by the wayside, still some good products coming out it looks.

You have some data to support this? I have seen plenty of HX2' fail. So are you saying that because the current subs don't handle double their rated power, their not as good? Some would argue that that makes them better since they are truer to spec. If that's not what you meant maybe you can clarify.
No just exp with the entire line and T1/T2 10"s 12"s 15"s had them all I bought these cheap used but they look brand new and I'm not downing the new line if I was do you think I would have bought a bunch of subs I don't like, I was just saying I abused those T series subs for a long time before failure I only tortured the hx2's for one song, also I "HAD" 3 hx2's but like you said they DO fail the vc ripped out of the cone on 700rms so there far from better I was just expecting to get to order new subs and I didn't have too. Also I had double rated to almost all the T1/T2 as well and I will bet my bottom dollar they would last WAY longer then the hx2 they just don't have a stiff enough spider to take it, I was just shocked they did(for a couple min)sorry I didn't word it better.

I don't get why everybody's bashing Rockford..I guess personal experience is a huge factor in an opinion, but I've got a bud who's been rocking a 15" P3 for almost 3 years now.

Their newest subs are arguably better than the pre-2000 subs. Old engineer is back, he's doing some impressive design work. Build quality has gone by the wayside, still some good products coming out it looks.
yea im waiting on the 3 sixty .3 to replace my audiocontrol dqxs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.