I want to upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

dru
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
As of right now I'm running one adire shiva mark IV in a tiny 1 cuft sealed enclosure powered by a JBL BP 600.1 @ about 300rms 4ohms and I want to upgrade.

One of my ideas is either go and call up adire to see if they have any other mark IV's lying around and build a ported enclosure for both, wire it to 2 ohms and get the JBL pushing about 300 rms to each. I'd also have to buy an equalizer/xover for the amp b/c it doesnt have a subsonic filter.

Or I can just get into that RE group buy and purchase a 15'' SX and port that and buy a new amp for that.

Let's say budget is limited to +/-400.

Goal is SQL I guess, rather an upgrade from what I already.

Thanks to whoever.

The JBL would push the SX just fine.

If you're looking to sell it though, let me know, I'd be interested most likely //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Can I run that amp at 1 ohm safely?

I just read the manual and it said that there is no power difference between the 1 ohm and 2 ohm load. So 600 wrms is good for one sx? or is that a bit underpowered?

You can run it safely at 1 ohm, yes...there have been some people in the past with over heating issues, but in most cases it was fine.

That amp, given a strong charging system puts out closer to 700 watts. The SX really shines with 1000, but gets PLENTY loud with ~450 IMO. If anything, I would try her out if you want an SX with that amp...and if you decide you need more, upgrade the amp. Don't get too ambitious all at once though, I think you'll be plenty happy with ~600-700 watts on one assuming you run ported //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.