I wanna do 150db with 1 or 2 10s

abrhino
10+ year member

Big White King Kong
middle TN
like the title says.. i want 1 or 2 10s to get me 150 legal.. i am thinkin either 1 9510G or 2 hdc3 10s.. i really want some nasty lows for daily.. My last setup was a 9515G on a Massive p3000.1 and sharted a 147.7 from my trunk car trunk wall style with port/sub into the cabin.. box was 5cuft at 40hz.. the PROBLEM.. it didnt get low for ****.. it wasa beast up high, but on some Jeezy (as bass reference) it would dissappoint me in the frequency change in hi/low bass.. im scared i would lose #s and make the subs unhappy by tuning lower ..say 36hz

what would be impressive to the meter and the ear in my hearse of a car ?(Dodge Magnum)

amps im looking at

Stetsom 4k2d

2 AQ 2200d

2 Bxi2608d

Audiopipe aqx3500

or anything else reasonable 3500-5000W rms

you'd need more power than you're planning most likely. there's so much space in that vehicle, it'll be hard to pressurize off 1 10. Tommy K does it, but its in a pickup, much less space to pressurize.

no idea who Thor is..

i want something similar to my homie's system.. its a monster down low and meters 154legal and 151-152 on music.. its 6 2512s on 2 DD M4s.. i just dont wanna go that extreme

luk1.jpg

whompp.jpg

luk11.jpg

no idea who Thor is..
i want something similar to my homie's system.. its a monster down low and meters 154legal and 151-152 on music.. its 6 2512s on 2 DD M4s.. i just dont wanna go that extreme

luk1.jpg

whompp.jpg

luk11.jpg
fogettabattit.

1 10 can only do so much, and when going for the lows on big power 10's are susceptible to blow due to their small spiders

So you are saying you want a good sounding/musical setup that does 150s with 1 maybe 2 10s and 3-5k watts AND it's a trunk build? To get the numbers you want, the tuning will be too high to do the lows, that is IF you get the numbers( a big if). Good luck, do a build log. I'd like to follow it and see it happen for you.

you'd need more power than you're planning most likely. there's so much space in that vehicle, it'll be hard to pressurize off 1 10. Tommy K does it, but its in a pickup, much less space to pressurize.
yeah i feel that might be an issue.. but i have seen HUGE numbers from single/2sub setups My dude has a Jeep Cherokee with 2 DD 2512s and a M2 and did a 148.. and my homie dave's 9515G on stetsom 2k5 did a 149.. i was hoping to hit something comparable on sumthing completely different.. both are tuned kinda hi.. the cherokee is lower daily to the ear

no idea who Thor is..

luk1.jpg

whompp.jpg

luk11.jpg
you want the same numbers as your friend with 6 12s with only one 10? you had better have alot of power on tap and know what you are doing.

heres thors stuff

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440185

with one 10.....lol
it has been done, just gathering info here.. not set on anything

good luck. you'll need all of it.
thanks, my goal is to amaze with a non-typical system.. i did it with my 1 15.. looking to switch things up a lil

So you are saying you want a good sounding/musical setup that does 150s with 1 maybe 2 10s and 3-5k watts AND it's a trunk build? To get the numbers you want, the tuning will be too high to do the lows, that is IF you get the numbers( a big if). Good luck, do a build log. I'd like to follow it and see it happen for you.
its not a trunk build, its a magnum build.. wagon.. suv style box is prolly what ill do

um.....what he said^^^

what setup you got? those hdc3s? what #s u seein?

you want the same numbers as your friend with 6 12s with only one 10? you had better have alot of power on tap and know what you are doing.
heres thors stuff

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440185
noooo, i dont wanna do the same numbers.. i wanna be LOW like his and do 149ish and GOAL of 150 with a 10 or 2

trunks aren't easy to get loud buddy. on top of that you wanna do 1 or 2 10's??? gonna be mighty MIGHTY hard
I have a magnum.. no trunk at all... its a WAGON.. i know how hard trunks are to get loud my 9515G did 147.7 legal from my trunk of my monte carlo.. had D1 coils and burped at .5ohm at 50hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.