I think I released the magic smoke

Participant count
  • Participant list

meyer.oppelt

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey I bought a punch p450.2 to off of Facebook marketplace because it was what I needed and it was cheap. I just received my speakers in the mail today so I pulled out my box and put new speakers being stupid I accidentally plugged the battery and ground in backwards
No smoke was released, but the the fuse spark along with the fuse inside of the casing. I am still getting all of my power and my remote wire still working I am at a loss for words so can anybody help me?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    944.3 KB · Views: 44
Hey I bought a punch p450.2 to off of Facebook marketplace because it was what I needed and it was cheap. I just received my speakers in the mail today so I pulled out my box and put new speakers being stupid I accidentally plugged the battery and ground in backwards
No smoke was released, but the the fuse spark along with the fuse inside of the casing. I am still getting all of my power and my remote wire still working I am at a loss for words so can anybody help me?
Find the nearest trash can... open the lid, and toss it right on in there man. That amp isnt worth repairing due to amps being so cheap these days to purchase. By the time you ship it off, pay for the repair and return shipping? you could have purchased a Bnew quality amplifier with a warranty

I feel I shouldn’t even ask, but you did swap the amps internal fuse right? I’d swap any in the system to rule them out.

And I wouldn’t throw it in the trash, it is a good amp, low power, but decent, at the very least list it for sale for parts / repair / non working locally. I use to buy broken amps whenever I could get a bargain, sadly most people are / were willing to pay more than I was for dead amps. Years ago, maybe still, would have gotten at least $50 for it on ebay even fried, shouldn’t get less than $25 though if you leave it posted for a while, better than nothing and should be easy to repair for someone that has a little experience.

But yeah, hooking an amp up backwards, or any electronics is generally pretty bad. Most amps have polarity protection diodes that are suppose to blow the fuse if wired backwards, but that can be hit or miss.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...