I really have NO idea....

thepope3290
10+ year member

I was just hoping that you guys that actually know something about car audio can help me out....

I have a 2002 Ford Escape SUV with everything stock. I listen to rap music, and I want a good system. I want it to bump, and I want it to be LOUD, but not drown out the words or the rest of the music. Also, I don't want it to rattle my car (I hear there's a product to prevent that?). Well, I'm completely clueless as to everything there is about car audio. I know nothing about wattage, ohms, or anything. Apparently I need a new head unit...do I stay with the stock speakers and just get an amp and a couple subs? What about a bass tube? Component speakers? Tweeters? AHHHHHHH!!!!!

So basically, I'm asking for you to recommend me some stuff that would be a good deal at a reasonable price. I have a lot of room in the trunk because it's an SUV. So just help me out because I'm a complete newbie when it comes to this stuff...

Thanks.

I don't really know...my parents are buying it for me and I'm paying them back. I guess just recommend stuff that's at a reasonable price....nothing extreme but nothing extremely cheap. I kinda just want an idea of what I should be looking for...

No one wants to help?
Well, it would really help if there was budget. Since I don't know you budget I don't know what to tell you.

I guess you can start off with a simple budget headunit. I would recommend a pioneer head unit since they are simple to use come with some factory settings to choose from. How about a pioneer DEH-P4900IB?

Here is a link with the specs:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069880_338194603,00.html

You should be able to find this at ciruitcity or bestbuy but it would also be cheaper if you buy it online. This is a nice little headunit to build you system around. If you looking for something a little fancier then work you way up the rankings. The are all listed on the pioneer website.

well since your new, go to best buy and have them hook you up for starters, and then when you want to really step up, and upgrade let us know, but it doesnt sound like you are looking for something to stand hair, so just go to a car audio shop and have them do it, ecspecially since you dont know much about it, that would be your best bet, unless you can find someone good on here near you that will come help you buy the stuff and hook it up, but i say go to a shop.

Well you say you want it "LOUD". But you don't want it to drown out words. You also say you do not want it to rattle. If you want it loud, it's going to rattle, its going to drown out words unless you have good front stage setup. You're looking at spending a decent amount of money. Alpine/Pioneer/Eclipse is a good brand for head-units you can look them up. You need front components, subwoofer(s), amp for mid/highs and amp for subwoofer(s). Some component brands are Focals, Rainbow, CDT, Alpine, Inifniti, Morel, MB Quarts, whatever fits your budget. High/Mids amp brands some are Memphis, Zapco, JL Audio, Sundown, Hifonics, Kicker, PPI, Alpine, again whatever fits your budget. A subwoofer amp would probably be mostly the same brand depend if you want to match. Sundown, Incriminator Audio, Hifonics, Kicker, JL Audio, Alpine, Memphis, Zapco, DLS, PPI and so on. Sub choices are Alpine, Kicker, Atomic, RE Audio, Incriminator Audio, Inifniti, JL Audio, MD, Soundsplinter, Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, etc. Then you need a wiring kit, RF, Kicker, Stinger, Knukonceptz make some. Then all you gotta do is have fun installing everything. After you pick your choices and have everything in. When its loud it'll start to rattle for the most part. Then you need sound deadening. Raamat and SecondSkinAudio are the good choices. Depending on what you pick you might even need to upgrade to a high output alternator and a battery upgrade/more batteries.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.