I ported my Q-Forms

squalor
10+ year member

my first post here

I ported my Q-Forms.

qport2.jpg

I cut down the frame of my Vifa PL18's to fit the Q-Forms and use MaxFidelity Neo30's @ 3000HZ. They are run by a pair of bridged UsAcoustics 2X65 amps.

Whaat do you guys think ?

meniscus3000.jpg

usually porting midbass enclosures is not a good idea because of the wide range of frequencies that the woofer has to reproduce. But hey, if you like it, thats all tha matters :thumbsup

as a mater of fact there is quite a gap in their response. WinISD says they are tuned to 35hz and they are very strong to about 500hz but then start rolling off. I may try to open up my lower A-pillar area to them to try to make them go I.B.

usually porting midbass enclosures is not a good idea because of the wide range of frequencies that the woofer has to reproduce. But hey, if you like it, thats all tha matters :thumbsup

Porting will affect the LFE of a driver...affect the HFE? Nope, not really.

I wish I had a full ver of TrueRTA. I would probably see a 6db roll off around 1000hz or lower. They sound boomy and have a ton of output from 40hz to 200-500hz but midrange is weak.

Worse than the notch filter frequency response is the imaging. Everything comes from the speedo. With the left, right, center test tones on the USACi disk everything seems to come from the center.

Does anyone else here have Mustang ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.