I no nothing need insight

Participant count
  • Participant list

Michjay

Just want to start by saying hello new here. Sorry this maybe long and stupid for everyone but like the heading says I know nothing. I have a 99 Saturn I bought and drive back and fourth to work long commutes so my stereo is a must when I bought this it had stock radio two 6.5 boss chaos ch6530 in the doors the rear had one 6.5 boss chaos and one stock speaker. Not sure if these speakers are a decent brand. But it didn't sound all that great front speakers you could barely here and rear so so but turned up got ****** sounding. So I was at a local junkyard looking for some parts for a project, a lightbulb went on that I could find some stereo and speakers, you would be amazed what people will leave in there cars. So I find two 6.5 mtx roadthunder speakers in a car and a Sony cdx gt320 stereo all for 20 bucks. So I get home put stereo in I got lucky the wiring harness I pulled fit , and put the mtx in the rear thought I was going to have at least a little better sound nope! The front speakers still very quiet and the rear yes little louder but not very clear and turned up sounded worse. My questions are could the wiring in the car be to thin to run these? Or do I need some sort of amp which I can find at junkyard, or is it all junk and and I should keep looking for something better. I'm don't really need a super loud or a ton of bass just clear turned up, I don't want to spend big money when I know I can find decent stuff here for super cheap. Thanks in advance for help and if this should be posted somewhere else let me know and I can copy and patste it.

Just want to start by saying hello new here. Sorry this maybe long and stupid for everyone but like the heading says I know nothing. I have a 99 Saturn I bought and drive back and fourth to work long commutes so my stereo is a must when I bought this it had stock radio two 6.5 boss chaos ch6530 in the doors the rear had one 6.5 boss chaos and one stock speaker. Not sure if these speakers are a decent brand. But it didn't sound all that great front speakers you could barely here and rear so so but turned up got ****** sounding. So I was at a local junkyard looking for some parts for a project, a lightbulb went on that I could find some stereo and speakers, you would be amazed what people will leave in there cars. So I find two 6.5 mtx roadthunder speakers in a car and a Sony cdx gt320 stereo all for 20 bucks. So I get home put stereo in I got lucky the wiring harness I pulled fit , and put the mtx in the rear thought I was going to have at least a little better sound nope! The front speakers still very quiet and the rear yes little louder but not very clear and turned up sounded worse. My questions are could the wiring in the car be to thin to run these? Or do I need some sort of amp which I can find at junkyard, or is it all junk and and I should keep looking for something better. I'm don't really need a super loud or a ton of bass just clear turned up, I don't want to spend big money when I know I can find decent stuff here for super cheap. Thanks in advance for help and if this should be posted somewhere else let me know and I can copy and patste it.
I can help you get started, but as far as equipment recommendations go I'll leave that up to someone else, unless you just want basic, entry-level gear and I could help with that. Before I start, how much $ are you willing to spend on EVERYTHING? Getting stuff out of a junkyard, you're going to lose every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.