I need suggestions for 2 shockers

Participant count
  • Participant list

ridered36
10+ year member

Dont bufu rabid squirrels
Whats a good sized box for two 12" Extreme shockers?

I also need a good freq. to tune it to.

Box will pry see daily use and maybe an occasional comp, so i need it to be able to perform in both worlds.

Right now i am thinkin around 8 cubic ft, tuned in the 25-30 hz area.

Let me know what u think.

Also, i will be giving each sub about 1300 watts, if that helps out with anything,

Add the shockers to the database of subwoofers in winisd pro...alpha version is free at the moment. I think it is pretty accurate and the alpha version of Pro to me seems much better than the beta winisd that has been free for a while now. Get the thiele small parameters and go from there. Or give them to Jmac who seems to enjoy filling everything in and spitting out the data to everyone for their boxes. He does a good job!

I dont agree with that. A higher tuning frequency means that you get more frequencies below tuning that would in fact need to be filtered out. You'll need the subsonic filter all the same. Get the FMOD from harrison labs. I've seen other brands of this type of inline subsonic filter also. Just search for it. They are only like 30$.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.