I need some help on exactly what wire I need..

Pilgrims
10+ year member

East
I have an Orion 2500d and an Orion 3002 (150 x 2 rms at 2 ohms). I have a general idea of what wire/s and fuses/dist. blocks i need but for some reason i'm still stumped.

Some info on the amps are....The 2500d has two sets of power and grounds and needs 4 gauge for these. it also needs a fused distribution block as it is not internally fused. the 3002 needs 4 gauge as well.

i know im going to use 0/1 gauge for the power wire. i know i need a big fuse (300amp) and thats ANL correct?? from here im lost. should I run one 0/1 gauge wire from the battery to a fused distribution block which splits to the 4 gauge which can power the 2500d and the 3002, or should I buy a battery terminal that can connect a 0/1 gauge power wire and a 4 gauge power wire and just run the amps seperately??

If anyone can help me thatd be great. Also if youre really up to it post some links of different things i need to buy. I have read all about this, and have done my best to research but i do not want to mess up over a dumb mistake.

Pleaseeee list the wire goodies i need to purchase! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I have an Orion 2500d and an Orion 3002 (150 x 2 rms at 2 ohms). I have a general idea of what wire/s and fuses/dist. blocks i need but for some reason i'm still stumped.
Some info on the amps are....The 2500d has two sets of power and grounds and needs 4 gauge for these. it also needs a fused distribution block as it is not internally fused. the 3002 needs 4 gauge as well.

i know im going to use 0/1 gauge for the power wire. i know i need a big fuse (300amp) and thats ANL correct?? from here im lost. should I run one 0/1 gauge wire from the battery to a fused distribution block which splits to the 4 gauge which can power the 2500d and the 3002, or should I buy a battery terminal that can connect a 0/1 gauge power wire and a 4 gauge power wire and just run the amps seperately?
battery -> 1\0 -> fuse within ~18" from battery (whatever fuse- 300 anl works great) -> 1\0 to trunk -> FUSED (1)1\0 -> (2)4awg Dblock -> 4guage to both amps

does that help?

battery -> 1\0 -> fuse within ~18" from battery (whatever fuse- 300 anl works great) -> 1\0 to trunk -> FUSED (1)1\0 -> (2)4awg Dblock -> 4guage to both amps
does that help?
yes, thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

but when you say FUSED (1) 1/0, where should this fuse be, and what size/kind is it(agu or anl?)

a fused distro block is basicaly a few chunks of metal (depending on the wire inputs\outputs) with fuses between the chunks.

all it does is split the inputs into more wires so you only need to run the single power wire from your battery... this is the purpose of a fused distrobution block.

now, you will have a single 1\0 wire from the engine to the trunk- and this needs to go to both amps, right? so get a fuse block with a 1\0 input. and you have 2 amps? cool. you need two outputs.

each amp will take 4guage? cool. so you need two 4guage outputs. (1)1\0 -> (2)4awg

and in between are the fuses for the FOUR GUAGE WIRE. so fuse accordingly. here is a link to help you figure out what wire size will hold what amount of current so you can pick your fuses for your own application.

http://www.the12volt.com/info/recwirsz.asp

hope that helps.

he needs 3 4 guage outputs. i would run a single 1/0 guage wire with a 300 amp anl fuse to a fused anl distro block with 2 150 amp anl fuses and have both 4 guage wires going to the 2500D. then i would run a seperate 4 guage power wire for the 4 channel amp.

he needs 3 4 guage outputs. i would run a single 1/0 guage wire with a 300 amp anl fuse to a fused anl distro block with 2 150 amp anl fuses and have both 4 guage wires going to the 2500D. then i would run a seperate 4 guage power wire for the 4 channel amp.

So if I did this, I would need another anl fuse under 18" away from the battery? And I would also need a battery terminal with 1 0/1 gauge in and 1 4 gauge in correct?

So if I did this, I would need another anl fuse under 18" away from the battery? And I would also need a battery terminal with 1 0/1 gauge in and 1 4 gauge in correct?

for the orion 3002 amp you would need it's own 4 guage power wire with an inline fuse near the battery. with that amp an agu fuse and holder will work. you hook that 4 guage directly to the amp from the battery, no need for a distro block.

for the orion 2500D, you would need a 1/0 guage wire from the battery with a 300 amp anl fuse near the battery. run that to a fused distro block with 1/0 guage input, and 2 4 guage outputs. http://www.cardomain.com/sku/STISFPD2ANL and from that distro block you run the 2 4 guage wires to the 2500D.

now i would run 3 seprate ground wires all to one spot to ground the 2 amps. you can use a battery terminal http://knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=BT-104P to connect the 2 main power wires to the battery.

i actually need 4 4 gauge outputs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif

wait, does the 2500D have two 4guage inputs, or ONE?

oh. it does >DOH

ok, well. yea, i guess you are gonna need a dedicated (from battery to amp) 4guage wire for the component amp, and a dedicated 1\0 line that splits via distro block to the 2500D. all grounds should be as short as possible, and grounded at the same location. (or real close)

so all told three 4Guage inputs are needed. and three 4guage grounds. so id run a 1\0 and a 4 to the trunk (both with fuses near the battery) and then the 4 goes to the 3004 and the 1\0 splits to two 4guage into the 2500D.

sorry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

i just looked at the amp and it has two power and two grounds totaling 4. so i would need a fused distribution block with 4 4 gauge out. i think i figured it out! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i just looked at the amp and it has two power and two grounds totaling 4. so i would need a fused distribution block with 4 4 gauge out. i think i figured it out! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you don't hook your ground wire to your power wires. the 2 4 guage ground wire get bolted to some clean metal. you only need a distro block with 2 outputs.

i tried to make a diagram for ya. it kinda ***** but hope it helps.

untitled4eq.jpg

Listen up young un's. We'll talk about the ground issue later. Whoever said the ground wire must be as short as possible had better learn about resistance on a ground return. Do a search, I have posted it many times. As far as the the power line goes one 1/0 line to the back is all that is required. By law a power line must be fused with "X" number of inches from the batttery. As the amps do not have their own fuses, they must be protected by fuses that should be within "x" number of inches of the amp. A fused or nor fused distro block is what you need provided the distro block has enough in's and out's for the task.

I happen to sell and use the Scosche gear, so let's pick on them. There are many other brands to consider that will do the same thing but we are all boycotting Monster Cable so leave them on the floor where they belong.

Look at the PDFW4I- a 1/0 in + 2 4 gauge out (fused with wafer fuses) and 2 8 gauge out (fues with AGU fuses). The two 8 gauge lines can easily be ran to the one 4 gauge input on the you second smaller Orion amp. One item = done like dinner.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.