I Need Help!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Tell her it makes you truck louder, not faster. Or tell her how a supercharger works and she will get so confused that she will let you have one!!!

A wise old man I knew once told me that a surefire way to make money was to buy a 17 year old a new Corvette and take out a life insurance policy on him. Kinda morbid, but you can see the logic in it.

Doesn't matter how responsible or mature a kid is. Boys will be boys. Now I have a 17 yr old son who thinks he's invincible (like I did at 17) and just got his first ticket for 96 mph. Honor student, holds 2 jobs, youth mentor, public service awards... a great kid and I'd trust him with my life.

... but not with a turbo.

Spend your money on audio. Load the car up with 200 lbs of subs. Drive slow.

Dad.

Originally posted by maylar A wise old man I knew once told me that a surefire way to make money was to buy a 17 year old a new Corvette and take out a life insurance policy on him. Kinda morbid, but you can see the logic in it.

Doesn't matter how responsible or mature a kid is. Boys will be boys. Now I have a 17 yr old son who thinks he's invincible (like I did at 17) and just got his first ticket for 96 mph. Honor student, holds 2 jobs, youth mentor, public service awards... a great kid and I'd trust him with my life.

... but not with a turbo.

Spend your money on audio. Load the car up with 200 lbs of subs. Drive slow.

Dad.
Great point...man, this is about the best thing that I have heard on the forum in a month. I put a turbo on my first car at the age of 17 and had a ball with it. Reminds me of a country song "We were bad, we were crazy, we were mostly, YOUNG!!!" You learn with age, don't mess with speed, you will win many battles with it, but eventually you will loose the war. Live by the sword, die by the sword...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.