I need help with my 2015 F-150

Participant count
  • Participant list

KevinGwin

Ohio
Ok, I will first start out with I am not a car audio guru, but hopefully I can find help here.

So I decided that I wanted to replace my 2015 f-150s small 4.3” screen with a larger one and also wanted Apple carPlay in my life. I bought the JBL Legend CP100 off of crutchfield in November during the few days it was available because of the price. As many of you know, JBL gave up and there is no longer any support. I had to buy the PAC AUDIO dash kit set up to have this installed. It’s came with a pac audio steering wheel module and all.. My main problem is that there is no steering wheel control support with this rare JBL unit. So my question is two fold. Easiest possible answer, is there a steer wheel control module I can have installed that they will be able to program for my truck? If not, ok... crutchfield said they would replace my head unit. So if I was going to get a new head unit, and I’m willing to pay much more money. Here are the things I’d like other than steering wheel control. I miss having my outside temperature display, do any head units offer this in anyway possible? I must have Apple car play, retain my 3rd party back up camera.... obviously must have steering wheel controls. Also, I went to Best Buy recently and didn’t like how most of their models used that resistive touch or whatever and felt old. I want a capacitive quick, great looking screen. I’m ok w the JBl, I guess, if I can get the steering wheel controls, but I’m ok with buying the best receiver too, I just don’t know what features are out there. I ran into some play money so I’m good with totally upgrading everything too. I do love technology. Please help

Ok, I will first start out with I am not a car audio guru, but hopefully I can find help here.So I decided that I wanted to replace my 2015 f-150s small 4.3” screen with a larger one and also wanted Apple carPlay in my life. I bought the JBL Legend CP100 off of crutchfield in November during the few days it was available because of the price. As many of you know, JBL gave up and there is no longer any support. I had to buy the PAC AUDIO dash kit set up to have this installed. My main problem is that there is no steering wheel control support with this rare JBL unit. So my question is two fold. Easiest possible answer, is there a steer wheel control module I can have installed that they will be able to program for my truck? If not, ok... crutchfield said they would replace my head unit. So if I was going to get a new head unit, and I’m willing to pay much more money. Here are the things I’d like other than steering wheel control. I miss having my outside temperature display, do any head units offer this in anyway possible? I must have Apple car play, retain my 3rd party back up camera.... obviously must have steering wheel controls. Also, I went to Best Buy recently and didn’t like how most of their models used that resistive touch or whatever and felt old. I want a capacitive quick, great looking screen. I’m ok w the JBl, I guess, if I can get the steering wheel controls, but I’m ok with buying the best receiver too, I just don’t know what features are out there. I ran into some play money so I’m good with totally upgrading everything too. I do love technology. Please help?
JVC and kenwood offer controls for nearly everything like tire pressure to AC controls. its called maestro.

iDatalink - Maestro - RR-FO2B-DS

get the kenwood ddx 6904s! its uber ******

Know of any aftermarket stereos or situations where I can get that back? Either way I will buy that stereo and the idatalink module if need be.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.