Head Unit Not Sending Signal Through RCA PREOUTS

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I recently bought a kenwood ddx774bh head unit and I've spent the last couple days installing my system. Everything went well installing my door speakers to the amp, until I tried to wire up my Crescendo FT1 tweeters to my 4 channel amp tonight. I ran into a huge problem and I tried diagnosing the problem for a good hour and a half and I ended up getting frustrated and gave up for the night. So what happened was on my 4 channel amp Channel 1/2 was not receiving a signal when I connected my SMD DD-1 to tune the amp so I decided okay not a big deal I will tune it by ear. So I decided to connect the speaker wire to the amp and proceed to tune by ear. This is when I got extremely frustrated cuz I realized that channel 1/2 on the amp was not getting a signal at all. So I proceeded to swap the rcas on the amp from channel 3/4 to channel 1/2 and the tweeters had power and were playing. So then I got curious and pulled the head unit back out to check the RCAS on the head unit cuz I was thinking a faulty RCA cable. So I swapped the rcas around on the head unit from front to rear once I did this again the tweeters would stop working. At this point I am very concerned that the preouts on the head unit are faulty cuz the speakers will only play when the rcas are plugged into the "rear" inputs of the head unit once I plug them into the front inputs I get nothing. What do you guys think? My Conclusion is a faulty head unit. Also I just thought of this but I don't see why this would not make the preouts work.. I do not have the front speakers connected to the wiring harness from the h.u to the main harness cuz I'm running my front speakers off an amp. Would that really effect the preouts?

Any help would be great and as always I appreciate it

PS: Sorry for the long post.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.