I NEED HELP! Three JL 12W7’s or Two JL 13W7’s?

Playing4keeps

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just paid a **** load of money for a system to be custom built/installed in my Tahoe. I bought 3 JL Audio 12W7’s…Each powered with their own JL XD1000/1 Amp. Of course I bought some highs and got another little amp for them, Two extra batteries, Etc…My question is which is the better setup? Which would produce more decibels?? Three 12’s or Two 13’s????
I drop my truck off Monday for the install so I got until then to change my mind. I love car audio but I’ll be honest…I’m far from an expert. I’ve always wanted some W7’s so thankfully I’m finally in the position to make it it happen. I chose the Three 12’s. I would’ve loved to get Four of them but damn they’re expensive. No joke…I’ve got 11k wrapped up in all of this. I bought ALOT of **** though. I would appreciate any and all feedback. Mainly I want to know which would produce the most decibels?? The Three 12’s or The Two 13’s??

I just paid a **** load of money for a system to be custom built/installed in my Tahoe. I bought 3 JL Audio 12W7’s…Each powered with their own JL XD1000/1 Amp. Of course I bought some highs and got another little amp for them, Two extra batteries, Etc…My question is which is the better setup? Which would produce more decibels?? Three 12’s or Two 13’s????
I drop my truck off Monday for the install so I got until then to change my mind. I love car audio but I’ll be honest…I’m far from an expert. I’ve always wanted some W7’s so thankfully I’m finally in the position to make it it happen. I chose the Three 12’s. I would’ve loved to get Four of them but damn they’re expensive. No joke…I’ve got 11k wrapped up in all of this. I bought ALOT of **** though. I would appreciate any and all feedback. Mainly I want to know which would produce the most decibels?? The Three 12’s or The Two 13’s??
3 12s for sure but as a person who has ran through every jl sub made except the tw line I would pull the trigger on dc level 6, deaf bonce dB, or even the new ds 18 hooligans especially if you're upgrading the electrical. As I reread you already bought it and that's cool the only thing we always say is jl is good but it's too expensive in this day and age when car audio is growing again. As a fellow basshead I congratulate you on your dream build I know what it feels like. One more piece of advice make sure you get the right enclosure don't spend all this money and buy some prefab "spec" box I would say good luck but you don't need it the name jl speaks for itself

I would go with three just because of JL's unique three-ohm voice coil, so you can wire them in parallel for one-ohm if you decide to switch to a single amp.

I would pick numerous other subs over the jl w7 but it's your money.

3 12s in the right box will stomp 2 13s.

My 2 sa10v2 stomp my previous 2 13tw5 though that's not really a fair fight considering the 10s are ported and the 13s sealed. Q

My suggestion would be 2 sundown x12s on at least 3kw with decent battery reserve

3 12w7 are $3400 that's alot not even considering you need a 3kw amp for them anyway

2 sundown xv3 12s would be about 1200

That leaves 2200 for amp and batt.

A taramps smart 3k can be had for sub 300 so 900 left for batts

Which you don't need alot for 3k and 900 would get you alot of headway bank or a decent lto bank depending on charging voltage. Headway can mix with factory agm and are fine up to 14.8v, lto don't mix with agm and need at least 15v to charge 15.8 would be optimal but most run 15.2-15.5 in order not to damage factory car systems

If I already bought 3 12's... JL W7's no less, I'd try to make the most of my situation and NOT get into an overthinking situation. 3 12's ought to get you where you want to be if done right. As long as everything is solid and on point the enclosure you get is going to make or break the entire system. I'd either go ported to save space... haha, or possibly with a 4th (it'll be big) and should gain nicely while still being musical but I'd avoid sealed. Those subs will work and perform in sealed but you'll be leaving a LOT of performance on the table if you go that route.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...