I need help picking out 3 12 inch subs that would match up with a PPI A600.2 amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

cbtegner

I brought out my old system that has been in storage for years. My origional setup was 3 JLw6 V1 12's in sealed box connected to a 2 channel PPI A600.2 Amp (looks like bridged and wired in series/parallel when I looked inside of box. I loved the sound of it back in the day but I always doubted I matched it correctly and since my JL26 V1 12" subs need repair (foam surrounds completely gone and i think all three are blown somehow - I would like to get repaired someday if worth the money), I am looking to buy 3 12" Subs that will match/utilize the A600 correctly. I had dual voice coil 6ohm subs x 3 (JLW6) before and the reason I want to get 3 to match it is I already have the sealed box for 3 and just want to not mess with getting another box for 2 or 1 so im in a tough situation as I have 3 sub box and 2 channel 600 watt amp - Can anyone suggest 3 subs that would configure with the amp specs - I am bad at matching ohms and dont want to purchase wrong kind of subs again.

Amp Specs:

Model: PPI A600.2 (old school art series)

Channels: 2

4 Ohms, 11-15 VDC, Stereo: 150 Watts

2 Ohms, 11-15 VDC, Stereo: 300 Watts

4 Ohms, 11-15 VDC, Bridged: 600 Watts

Power Fuse: 40 Amp (although it has 60 amp in it which is what i have been seeing in pics as well)

Need 3 Subs that will configure optimally with this amp -

Old setup was 3 JLw6 v1 12's 6ohm dual voice coils and were wired as bridged to 3 subs (one positive channel 1 one neg channel 2 -- going to 1 positive and 1 neg on each sub respectively and the other side of coils having wire going pos to neg to same speaker. IF that helps -

If I need dual coil let me know, if single coil will work great, If I could just get suggestions on what brand/type/ohm subs to buy 3 of that will match with this amp I will be pointed in the right direction - cheap/expensive - doesnt matter - I just have no idea where to start on this one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.