1st project

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bosshogg01

I'm planning on installing the "big 3", I have a question about wiring locations. From the research I've been doing 2 of the 3 locations remain the same.

1. positive from the battery to the positive post on the alternator

2. negative from the battery to the engine block/ground.

What I keep noticing is some people say the 3rd wire goes from the engine block/ground to the negative side of the battery, and others say it goes from the engine block to the chassis. Is there a right and wrong answer, or is it the installers preference?

I would follow the old wires, replace them. Some vehicles have neg battery to chassis/block. Sometimes both.

Other people find a better suiteable grounding spot(s).

I'm in the just waiting for my wire n hydrolic crimper to do mine. I will being doing 2 from the Negative terminal, one to the engine block, the other to chassis. Just make sure you clean the spots really good. See your in Philly, where you prep for your grounds to attach, preferableably degreased and then sanded to bare metal I would apply a healthy coating if dielectric grease to prevent rusting and too keep a good ground connection. As you probably already know, the salt they put down during the winter can oxidize unprotected metal very quickly. I would also used tinned copper lugs on these areas as the tinning will also help protect the copper for the harsh elements. I that helps you out a bit!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.