I need help deciding on a Head Unit (Details Inside)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Syndfull

Hey guys, thanks for coming in here to check this out. What I'm looking for in the unit is below. My budget is under $200 please. I'm willing to go slightly higher if absolutely necessary for every feature.

The car I'll be fitting this in is a 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S. It can fit single DIN and double DIN units. I would prefer a double DIN unit so as not to have the mounting bracket tray below the unit but I can deal with it if it means the head unit is fantastic. However if there is a double DIN unit around my price range with similar features, please point me in its direction.

Must Haves

1. Bluetooth w/ Calling Support
  2. AM/FM Radio
  3. Aux In (Front or Rear, preferably Front)
  4. Good SQ
  5. For the love of God please dim with the car lights
  6. Something that isn't a piece of crap and is reliable***

Nice Optionals(Listed in order of importance)

• CD Player
  • HD Radio Support
  • Built-in Mic
  • Touch Screen w/ possibly DVD support.

This will be my first aftermarket stereo install as I have finally bought a car I plan to keep for a long time. I'll be using crimp connectors and I have no other aftermarket audio equipment installed in the car. If any of this sounds like a bad idea, let me know. Thanks for any suggestions. I really need the help picking out a head unit.

Thanks mate. Know of any other units? The w265bt looks great but is pretty pricey.
I paid like 200.for mine but it was a sale.if you're not in a rush just wait til black Friday comes around.it'll drop 50.00 easily.off hand I don't know of any other double dins.I tend to stay with alpine.

I paid like 200.for mine but it was a sale.if you're not in a rush just wait til black Friday comes around.it'll drop 50.00 easily.off hand I don't know of any other double dins.I tend to stay with alpine.
Yeah I may have to if I can't find anything affordable that's quality. Thanks for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.