I need a mentor to teach me and help me understand more into car audio . -

Participant count
  • Participant list

osix
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Asia
Hi ,

i am consider new to this car audio and sound . hobby .

and as much as i am now producing speaker and carry a few brand of car audio .

i would not be shy or ashame to say i am really learning . and i still have alot of silly question i wanna ask . as well as many thing which i do not understand .

i would want to find friends and mentor who can give me advice and help me asnwer some of the pocket of silly question which i want to clear .

I am a MSN user -

if we can chat online . it would be even better ,

we can also voice chat online .

in return , i would be happy to share my resuources and info i got from production .

Hi there , Thanks you for the fast reply

Do you have any chat program like AIM ? or Skype ?

cos alot of my question is related to my lack of understanding and also . urge to know more . which lead me to alot of confusing question which i now plan to learn again . step by step so i can have a deeper understanding .

Porting and Tuning . is something i really wanna be skilled with , as well as how to make use of the T/s as well as using - of cos there is many trick also to getting the type of sound that we want .

:)

let me know if you have any chat program .

so i may install so we can Chat live .

- i really don't know where to start .

so let start with tuning feq . -

pardon if i ask .

can you tell me all you know about tuning feq and how to determine if we are at the right . tuning feq ..

and also what are the trick that we can do to give us some room space for error or otherwise .

well this is what I know

low tuning frequencies yield sound quality(flat response curve) such as 30-35

35-40 would be a mix and anything above 40 hz is pure spl

I stick with sealed boxes or I just get somone to design one for me. Your best bet would be to have somone make an enclosure design that will match what you want

thanks i will start reading .

i got one really silly question which i want to get out of my list of silly question ..

---

When i see people saying tuning Feq .

i am confuse .

does it mean that if my port is eg..

5.5 inch diameter . and 12 inch long . is = to 35hz .. assuming this is the result i got from WinISD -

so by fitting the port on the box - my sound is tune to 35hz ..

or do i need to match the POrt size with the adjustment on my AMp - to 35hz ..

what do you mean by Highpass. ?

what determine the tuning Feq ? ( i mean directly - base on the box and the port or Amp - which is the cloest factor that determine the tuning freq . which we can djust and fine tune .

or how do i set it do i have room space for error .

the reason i ask so is i wanna understand what kinda error gap do we have so i can reduce it and narrow the gap if any .

and also .. i am really confuse .

LPF on the amp range from 40hz - 180hz .

by if i tune at 35hz .. i'm off range , subsonic range from 5hz - 50 hz .

i wanna know what the relationship between them and also .

does the port determine the tuning Feq ? or does the AMP determine the tuning FEQ

when we got the result from WINISD ?

pardon my poor english . ty

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.