I Need 4 New 6.5 Speakers for my Truck

xguntherc
10+ year member

I Click Home Too Much
Las Vegas
Hey guys, This is my first post here, I'm glad I found this site. Basically here's my problem. I need a new system. Mine sounds terrible.

I have a Chevy Colorado Ext. Cab Truck. and It was just broken into. (Punk @$$ Losers Stole All my Stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif My CD Player, my Rockford Fosgate 12 inch Power T2 Sub, my RF 1500w amp, my Ipod, Bluetooth Headset, my Coffee mug. ya these losers stole my coffee mug. they shattered my window. All the goods. Very upsetting. I usually never leave Ipod in car. but I did that day. I don't anymore.

Anyways. So I now have about $750 or so after deductible that I can spend on a new system. So my question is, Should I just upgrade the 4 in door 6.5 inch Speakers and amplify them. or should I get another Sub and maybe get a shallow one and throw it under my seat. I'm thinking about getting the JVC KD-AVX44 Headunit as they are sweeet. I had a Kameleon Deck before. and there new one looks amazing. and it does everything you can think of, but GPS.

Anyways. Sorry this is so long. if anyone could PLEASE help me decide on some good Door Speakers I'd love the help.

Thanks!

how get a alarm system after that yes up grade your speakers to Beyma, or Celestion those are some nice Mid-Range speakers get a nice Planet Audio or Hifonics Zues and 2 o2 tweeter you will never EVER go back to anything else.... for BASS now thats on you i rather go with kickers or jl audio

Thanks for the info guys.

I have the standard Ghetto GM alarm that comes with my truck. Just the door loocks thing. if they break window and open locked door it sounds. but they got past it somehow. broke the lock, then shattered window... Bastards!!!!!

Anyways I'm going to be installing this on my own.. Not taking it anywhere.

I have a friend that does stereo stuff. He took his stuff out of his wife's car before they got a divorce and now it's in a box in his house. He doesn't want it.. so He's GIVING.. yes giving me the stuff.. its a 500w Phoenix Gold Amp. Is that a decent brand. I don't know much about them.. but I only know the mainstream stuff mainly. I'll take any advice you'll all give though.

So he's giving me the Phoenix Gold 2Ch. Amp, 4 3x7 (I think) component speakers. (Wont fit my truck, so I'll probably sell them. Cant member the brand) and here's the best part. He is also giving me TWO.. yes TWO JL Audio 12 inch Subs.

The JL's are like 4 years old he said. but he says they still sound great. He's just giving me this stuff. So I figured I'll check it out and if it's no good I'll sell it or trash it. I'm getting it all today after work.. around 6:00 PM Pacific time.. Yea he's a wealthy man. and he's giving this all to me as it reminds him of the X wife, and cuz he feels bad a got jacked. lol. I'll take it!

So Beyma, or Celestion then huh.. cool I'll look into them.

I left work early today, So i didn't meet my friend. I'm getting those parts tomorrow instead.

anyways I'm planning on maybe getting some nice 6.5 speakers to add to my truck. I might use the HU's power for now, then amplify them later. I have the JVC KD-AVX44 that has about 22w RMSx4 50x4 MAX. I'm still trying to decide if I'll keep the deck or not. but for now I'm just looking at a few options. what do you guys think. I'm still trying to decide what route I wanna take here.

Here's a few I've found I sort of like, but I'm open to ANY suggestions. I listen to a little of everything, from rock, to rap, to some 80's classic's. Some Pink Floyd. sometimes I listen to talk radio on way to work. I like Metallica, sublime. Atmosphere. a little of everything. but I don't need to BUMP all the way down the street. I just want some Good, loud sound with some good high's and lows.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_065S65RC/Boston-Acoustics-S65RC.html?tp=95

maybe these.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_108629I/Infinity-Kappa-62-9i.html?tp=95

or these. buy one pair, get second half off. then I could do my front, and rear all with 6.5's

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB651S/Polk-Audio-db651s.html?tp=95

I like the Polk, and I'd possibly just splurge and get the Polk MMC650 ones. I don't know.

Question. Whats best. 2 way, 3 way, 4 way.. Can someone explain the reasons for what are better or when to get certain ones. I'm a noob with this area lil bit.

edit* woofersetc.com is WAY cheaper than crutchfeild.. is crutch a ripoff, or is woofersetc.com a good place to buy from?

Well, I'm still waiting to get the 2 subs.. but I should be getting them today.

We'll see. Also can anyone help me out on weather I should get 2 way, or 3 way speakers for my front and rear?

I know they aren't the best in the world. but today the local Car Audio store had a great deal on some speakers. Only two models had the deal, some ghetto pioneer's and some Alpine S type.

Today I got the Alpine S Type 6.5 inch Speakers for my trucks Doors. They are decent speakers, and alpine's usually have a slight bit more bass than say polk, or kenwood or something. Although it's still only a door speaker. These are about $100 everywhere I looked.

I got the new model Alpine SPS-600c I believe they are. or something of that sort. and I got buy one, get one pair free. So I paid $100 for 2 pairs.. 4 total speakers. Not a bad price at all. I installed them myself tonight and they sound great. Much much better than the crap that was OEM. now I'll have to maybe amp them later. but they sound pretty good anyways.

Just updating for now. More to come later. I'm installing an alarm tomorrow.

so I got some MB quartz 3 inch components in OK, but not great shape, I got 2 Kicker Impulse 5x7's model 570i. and I got a Phoenix Gold ZX350 Amp. and the best part. is I got the TWO..

I got all that, and two JL Audio 12w6 Subs that are in great condition.. all for FREE.

I'm thinking I'll get a second amp. I'll install one of the 12w6 JL's with a nice amp, and then use the PG XZ350 to run my new Alpines in the doors. Only problem is I think It's a 2 channel. so I can only run like the fronts on the components. unless I wanna jimmy rig all 4 to the amp.

Any idea's guys?

I left work early today, So i didn't meet my friend. I'm getting those parts tomorrow instead.
anyways I'm planning on maybe getting some nice 6.5 speakers to add to my truck. I might use the HU's power for now, then amplify them later. I have the JVC KD-AVX44 that has about 22w RMSx4 50x4 MAX. I'm still trying to decide if I'll keep the deck or not. but for now I'm just looking at a few options. what do you guys think. I'm still trying to decide what route I wanna take here.

Here's a few I've found I sort of like, but I'm open to ANY suggestions. I listen to a little of everything, from rock, to rap, to some 80's classic's. Some Pink Floyd. sometimes I listen to talk radio on way to work. I like Metallica, sublime. Atmosphere. a little of everything. but I don't need to BUMP all the way down the street. I just want some Good, loud sound with some good high's and lows.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_065S65RC/Boston-Acoustics-S65RC.html?tp=95

maybe these.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_108629I/Infinity-Kappa-62-9i.html?tp=95

or these. buy one pair, get second half off. then I could do my front, and rear all with 6.5's

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB651S/Polk-Audio-db651s.html?tp=95

I like the Polk, and I'd possibly just splurge and get the Polk MMC650 ones. I don't know.

Question. Whats best. 2 way, 3 way, 4 way.. Can someone explain the reasons for what are better or when to get certain ones. I'm a noob with this area lil bit.

edit* woofersetc.com is WAY cheaper than crutchfeild.. is crutch a ripoff, or is woofersetc.com a good place to buy from?
polk mm's sound excellent, wish I could fit them in my taurus.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.