i love my MX....but....

rtillaree
10+ year member

F***, Strong
Orlando
i love my single RE MX, it sound great....but i want more SPL now...i have been through probably 12 different low end configurations in my 626 (mainly single 12), and now i want to upgrade to a higher power setup...

the MX sounds wonderful on music of all kinds, but it doesn't have the shock value, and i think that is what i want now. i can barely hear the sub from 15 feet away, sure i can hear the car rattling, but i cant hear the bass...i want to move up to something i am going to hear for sure..

i've done all kinds of searching and reading, but i cant make up my mind, there are so many to choose from...understanding that install is everything, i basically wanted to get some opinions on a sub/amp combo.

money really isn't that much of a factor, im more than willing to pay (not like 5 grand haha), obviously there is only so much you can do in a trunk, im not going to be running 3 alternators and 10 batteries, but i do have a reliable power source which hovers over 14.4v constantly, and i figure i should be able to put one or 2 12's and have a nice 5k+ setup going...

the only downfall is the space, i can really only go about 3-3.5 cubes max, so i need something (single or dual 12) that will work in those confines

so you want your car saying steal me all over it?

Less then 15ft away with a mx is good. I wouldnt want that stuff being heard from a distance.

I have enought problems with my L7 and being heard from a distance. I hate it, personaly.

well ive actually already painted the words STEAL ME on the side already, so we're passed that...

i really dont drive this car on the daily, mostly on the weekends, or when im out of town working, i tow it behind my motor home because it's an economic vehicle...

but this is the car i choose to f around with for audio...

dont get me wrong, im not saying that im going to sit outside my car to hear my subs, i guess the thing i should have said was, holy omgz i want major deck flex, or windshield flex, or i want to bounce my piggy bank off my roof panel...

something like that

Who cares how it sounds 15' away??? Just don't F'ing understand that mentality.

3-3.5^3 is enough for a 15" which could/should bring more lows....

why do you want flex?

flex = less spl //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

flex = broken body panels.

i know a guy who broke the roof support in his car because it flexed so bad. it seriously broke the welds in the metal. i wouldnt have believed it if i hadnt seen it. but thats what 10kw and 4 9515's will do in a kia.

you need to straighten out your priorities.

can always drive around with ur trunk open //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

why do you want flex?
flex = less spl //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

flex = broken body panels.

i know a guy who broke the roof support in his car because it flexed so bad. it seriously broke the welds in the metal. i wouldnt have believed it if i hadnt seen it. but thats what 10kw and 4 9515's will do in a kia.

you need to straighten out your priorities.
This is why I think my system might be a lil too much. I like my impala, its a classic, I don't wanna ruin it.

Holy crap people, he's just asking for suggestions for a louder setup. He was using distance from the car that the sub can be heard from as a representation of the difference in volume he's looking for since he doesn't have a termlab and can't give you exact decibel readings. Don't be ********.

wtf.. all the loud systems I've seen are heard from far regaurdless of how the person wants it to be heard... look at meades vids on his site, the dude walked up from a pancake house a block away cause it was vibeing...

side note don't know how much a specific sub would help you. maybe a more spl oriented sub rather than SQ... MT/BTL come to mind... I have to admit, when I'm in a restraunt and someone is bumping hard enough to where everyone in the resturant is either yelling or stop their conversation it gets a little irritating, but I just try to be consious of it when I do it... and my setups aren't that loud atm so I'm not really too concerned with the current configs :p

Holy crap people, he's just asking for suggestions for a louder setup. He was using distance from the car that the sub can be heard from as a representation of the difference in volume he's looking for since he doesn't have a termlab and can't give you exact decibel readings. Don't be ********.
yea, exactly...

im not saying i want to ruin people's neighborhoods, im saying i want something that will shock me. something that will beat the hell out of the car...i WAS using the distance as a way to determine the loudness of my system, i mean thats the only way i can tell how loud it is, aside from being inside, in which it IS loud, but the bass could be much louder...

it's something ive never gone for, ive usually gone for SQL, now i want sort of an 80% SPL 20% SQ type of a thing...

i have been contemplating either 2 12" TC, FI, MT's or DD or maybe even some type of hybrids...

Before you spend some serious money on my stuff, id look into a new box. I have

personally gained 4-6 db on numerous occasions with some work. Im really like aero

ports, there easy to work with and loud. post some pictures and i can help you.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

rtillaree

10+ year member
F***, Strong
rtillaree
Orlando
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date