I love hyped up rich kids!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got great deals on all of my equip., most of it Eclipse (so you know it's a bit over-priced to start off), and I think in the end I paid 3k easy including all of my wiring, batteries, and HO alternator and crap. However, lol @ the dipshit thinking his is the "be-all end-all", there is always someone better, usually you can hear me coming //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif j/p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

what i don't understand is why he bought a w7 and paired it with a 500/1? he should've got the 1000/1 or a w6.

I demoed a 12W7 in my car off a 500/1, and it offered more than enough for my tastes. I do agree though that the W6v2 may have been a better choice with that amp...just to save some cash. I love my 12W6v2, and have no interest in going to a W7, given my tastes.

How is $3000 for a system rich???
Another agree"er". I believe what makes that kid "rich" was his pops or whoever was able to drop down 3K on the spot to make an almost complete system. Whether its good or not for what he paid is an issue in itself. I believe an entire setup from Ebay (not even manufacturer retail price) is gonna be a couple thousand but this is buying products brand new or as close to brand new on Ebay can be. Seems various people in this forum have stuff which they bought from a friend, stolen goods, given to for free, whatever...for prob. a 1/5 of the retail price or hell even resale price. Grant it your system prob may beat his hands down. Look at the thread talkin about how much your car audio cost. Cats in there throwing out some big numbers for non-mainstream audio. Some people still see it...you got to break bread to do it right/big. Others see it in a different light.

Greatest thing ever is when people ask me what amps and stuff I run i throw out kicker and zapco. Most of the time they scratch their head and go, "who are those?" One thing I love about Zapco and Autotek Amps is they look like ass compaired to some other companies, but are better than most of the mainstream stuff(i.e Audiobahn, anything at best buy.) I just need to build a new box for my l7's to really take advantage of them.

Greatest thing ever is when people ask me what amps and stuff I run i throw out kicker and zapco. Most of the time they scratch their head and go, "who are those?" One thing I love about Zapco and Autotek Amps is they look like ass compaired to some other companies, but are better than most of the mainstream stuff(i.e Audiobahn, anything at best buy.) I just need to build a new box for my l7's to really take advantage of them.
lol, when my buddy got he am i reccomended (Autotek) the first thing he said was "wow, that's ugly." //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Who doesn't know what Kicker is. Its been around mainstream 4 ever???

I see these threads all the time, and I think why don't you tell your friends about their other options before they go and drop a lot of cash? Granted you don't always know they're looking but still...If they're happy with it who are you to say otherwise?

I love building my own boxes and doing the rest of my installation but at the same time I wouldn't mind paying someone to do a much better job...("better" probably depends on the shop) Truth is some people just don't have time to do it all themselves, maybe they're doing something else with their time like building their own computer, or house, or engine...Everyone I know that has bought Adire, RE, whatever has spent a lot of time researching and a lot of people just don't have the time. We all get ripped off in something we buy, for these people it just happens to be car audio.

Do all of you who laugh at these guys spending too much build all of your own stuff? My point is, you can't do everything yourself. People probably laugh at you when you buy a Dell too.

In this particular case the kid seems to be happy with his overpriced system, so basically he has a perfect system. For him. He probably knows nothing about really good sound, he just knows that it looks nice and sounds good to him. It's possible his goals are different than yours and mine.

However, if he's running his mouth about it then that's not cool. I don't like people bragging about how much they're able to spend.

For me, I'll be a DIYer up to the point where my skills, resources, or time run out. I'll also help anyone I can to save money and get solid equipment but not bash on those who go to Best Buy. As long as they're happy that's the bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Mataes

10+ year member
Mataes
Houston
Start date
Participants
Who Replied