I love getting packages...

bamaboy
5,000+ posts

War Eagle!!!
this is only part 1 of the sub, when i sell the last MT i have to buy another one

Fully loaded BTL 18 FTW

on to the pics

the box is huge, ive owned 18s but i never had the shipping boxes, didnt realize it was this big, its almosts impossible to carry the sub in the box alone

Scott is the Man, he threw some pieces to ship out my MT 15, thanks man

motors are pretty much the same, RE is chrome top and bottom plates, Fi is plain, but i could care less about a chrome top plate if i can save a few dollars

the surround on the BTL is stiffer than the MT, but the surround on my MT18 was way stiffer than the BTL 18, BTL uses spring loaded terminals, MT has set screw ones, BTL's suspension feels stiffer than i remember the MTs being

both weigh 57lbs according to my scale whihc is probably wrong

Nice. What are you going to power 2 of those 18's with? That is going to be loooooud (btw HD3's can take 2.5k daily and are cheaper) but BTL's are nice besides the oversized boner.

from what ive read about HD3's, they are good, but above 2k the BTL and 9500 and MT, such are better

have they started the 18s yet?

power is my XXGoliath

hooked it up free air just to see it move, should get it in a box tomorrow, 6cubes 37hz its just one of the 18" boxes i have to throw it in for now

i have a 7cube at 31hz but a 6cube is going to be closer to what im going to run the 2 in

so maybe a vid tomorrow

pic to describe it

got it put in a 6cube box i had for my MT 18, tuned a little high but its at 37hz

got it wired up ready

i love it, cant wait to get another one, should be insane, this one seems loud eough, havnt had bass for 3+weeks now, but i know a week or 2 i will be wanting to get the 2 18s going

excuse the mess below, the box wasnt covered so i did a quick `10 min job last night and it started poring so i just stuck the box in my truck like it is now, amp wiring is a mess, Kicker 1/0 wire ftw, knu ftl

sub isnt even screwed down yet, but i went ahead and gave it a listen, sounds a good bit different than the 2 MTs, still has very nice lows and good upper end, 35-50hz is crazy

will get a vid soon and better review of it in this box, off to work in a little

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.