I just got new 6x9s...the rattling is really bad...

Participant count
  • Participant list

the1nonly41

NY
i bought some eclipse 6x9s...got them installed and the rattling in my trunk area is awful...does deadening it work that well? Ive heard of brands like damplifier and Dynamat, but I was wondering if they really improve it that much?

My car is a 98 camry if that makes any difference. the 6x9s are the newer eclipse ones i dont know the model number off the top of my head.

Enough rattle from 6x9s to cause a big rattle? Yes dynamant, second skin, etc can make a big difference in minimizing rattles. Where abouts in NY are you located?

Yes it will help a ton. Don't waste your money on Dynamat though, there are other options that work just as well for far less. Read through this first then check out Raammat or second skin. I have personally only dealt with Rick at Raammat and he was super helpful. I know many other will attest to Ant's (Second Skin) helpfulness too. Also, I would assume your 6x9 are actually rattling your rear deck. Try deadening that first then go to the trunk lid (cause it looks ugly after its been deadened IMO). Also there is a sticky in the speakers section (I think that's where its at) about deadening, check that out too.

thanks alot guys I really appreciate it...I just got them put in today, they sound great, but once you pump them up the rattling gets bad...its from the rear deck like you said, not really the trunk

A cheap, temporary fix might be to throw some foam under there. Just pull the rear deck off then throw something under it, it might help until you can get some deadening. Just and idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

the1nonly41

the1nonly41
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
enzowho