Which subwoofer to run?

• SA-15

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • VVX-12

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • SA-12 (cheaper version of SA-15)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Personally I like sundown only because I've heard some of their subs and they sound very good. But I wouldn't rule out the SKAR VVX-15 either though. Any one of these subs will sound great in the proper enclosure, proper amount of power, sub position and proper tuning of the amp. I would say the SKAR VVX-15 though because the specs seem pretty good and the effiency is a little higher than the SA-15. I would go with a 15 though, more bang for your buck, plus more air being displaced=more bass. Hope this helps man.

I put one on the board for SKAR - low bass = sexy bass. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

It would kick its *** lol
So, if they were both in say, a 3.2 cu. ft. box, tuned around 32, the SKAR's going to sound better overall?

You say the SKAR will hit the low notes better, but are we talking lows that are actually in music, or those really lows that almost never show up in songs?

Like others have noted , the Skar is known for better lows.

I also believe they are underrated and can take daily pounding in the same manner as SA.

Plus, you can really shove them into tiny sealed boxes and still get great output: my neighbor has a single VVX-12 d2 in a .69cube sealed box and running only about 400WRMS to it in his daily driver, and it is shocking how solid it sounds! (He is hitting low 130's on this tiny setup, lmao)

Like others have noted , the Skar is known for better lows.I also believe they are underrated and can take daily pounding in the same manner as SA.

Plus, you can really shove them into tiny sealed boxes and still get great output: my neighbor has a single VVX-12 d2 in a .69cube sealed box and running only about 400WRMS to it in his daily driver, and it is shocking how solid it sounds! (He is hitting low 130's on this tiny setup, lmao)
o.0 holly sheeet.

Have you thought about Audioque or Obsidian? Hate to throw a wrench in your thinking but these are good subs as well.... Around the same price point too. If you stick with your 3 choices though I'd go Skar. Haven't heard em' but from enough word of mouth from knowledgable folks they say the VVX's really kill the lows.

So how can you know that they are better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif lol
not saying that they are better, just saying that I would go with sundown because of my experience with their products...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...