I have gone through 3 sets of Hertz MLK165's in 3 weeks!!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

tryan77
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Milwaukee
I bought them at an authorized dealer which has actually done a great job of taking care of me but the speakers keep blowing. I believe it is the called the "spider"? and it is ripping completely off from the magnet area. The Audison rep brought this last set in and I met him yesterday personally and he said there was a run of these where the press they use was not properly seating them so the glue wouldnt get into the right areas so in cold areas especially they are seeing these problems . Anyway, he said he personally checked the serial numbers on these and they were made after this so called "bad run". What the heck is going on? Has anyone been seeing issues like this with this speaker?

Should I just ask for a different speaker set/brand completely? They are awesome speakers when the perform and the tweeters are unbelievable. The do have the VOCE and Focal line to choose from.

150w Hertz Amp each side. I am running a stock head unit with a bit ten and running them active. I am not sure what they are clipped at because the installer set it up. Its not me thats for sure.

Just for the record - they dont completely blow out i can still play sound through them but every bass note sounds like poop.

The definition of insanity is...
doing the same thing you've always done and expecting a different result..................

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Annnnnnd....that does nothing to help.
crazy........... if you do swap off, those focals polyglass's are quite nice........... imo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.