I have an idea but not sure if it will work?

620hpcrx
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Okay, my HU only have 1 pair of RCA jack and i want to hook up my 4ch amp but the front and rear channels each have a set of RCA inputs. On the rear channel side it have an RCA input and an output...could i put an RCA from the output of the rear and plug that into the input of the front??? Im sure if I do this i wont be able to adjust my front and rear outputs on my HU but dont change that anyways.

Also i need to know if how I have my subs hooked up is basicly the same as wiring them together... I have both of them bridged but the connections are doubled up. Is this the same as having the + of one sub and the - of the other connected and then bridged into the amp???

That would probably work i guess, but i think i would recomend a y adapter instead, at radioshack its about 4 bucks i believe, you would need 2 of them.

I have both the + wires from the subs tied together into the same spot on the amp and same with the -.

Also...are you talking about putting the y adapter into the HU??? cause that seems a bit easier.

My amp can handle a 2ohm load...I had the subs each wired to a channel and it seemed really weak so i just tried wiring it that way and it sounded a lot louder...so should I wire it through the box from + on 1 to - on the other then to the bridged channels??? And doing that is a 2ohm load right??? Will my subs handle a 2ohm load...they are 4ohm subs svc (Sony P5 12s)???

Ummmm.... Impedance is most surely NOT CONSTANT!!!!! It changes with frequency!!!! This is why the call it impedance and not resistance.
Heh, this might I add is true also. Speakers are reactive loads, not constant loads. A subwoofer could have a DC resistance of say 4 ohms but when played at different frequencies the amp powering it could see a load that changes anywhere from say 3-50 ohms depending on frequency. Hehe I just felt like being a smart a$$ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.