I Hate Myself For Doing This...

Which is going to give me the best combination of SQ and thump, I'm more SQ oriented

• 12" Fi Q

Votes: 32 57.1%
  • 12" RE SX

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • 12" IA Death Row

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Suggestions?)

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters
I've gotten some good suggestions ID Max/Fi Q/RE SX/2 RE SEs/Si Mag v3 or v4/SSA Icon

doing some research, anyone within 100 miles of Charleston have any of these I could listen to??

I've gotten some good suggestions ID Max/Fi Q/RE SX/2 RE SEs/Si Mag v3 or v4/SSA Icon
doing some research, anyone within 100 miles of Charleston have any of these I could listen to??
I think you would be happy with any of those options. Every one of those subs are great subs, and will sound dam n good in the correct enclosure.

I think you would be happy with any of those options. Every one of those subs are great subs, and will sound dam n good in the correct enclosure.
Cool, I would probably go with whatever the "optimum" ported specs gave me. Never done ported before so I'll just take the manufacturers word for it. The spl charts from the Fi Q are superior by far from the others that had charts.

Flatlyne/SX/Q/SSI Mag v4 have really peaked my interest

can anyone tell me if the IDMAX sq could hold up with any of these?

Cool, I would probably go with whatever the "optimum" ported specs gave me. Never done ported before so I'll just take the manufacturers word for it. The spl charts from the Fi Q are superior by far from the others that had charts.
Flatlyne/SX/Q/SSI Mag v4 have really peaked my interest

can anyone tell me if the IDMAX sq could hold up with any of these?
Your mixing the goals of each sub up a little bit. The SI magv4 is an SQ sub. The mag in that chart, is the mag v3, and it had much different goals than the new mag v4. It was nearly as loud as the Q in every test, and many say it sounded better. It loved ported enclosures. The new mag on the other hand is designed for sealed enclosures, and won't take anything over recommended RMS. It is a straight SQ sub, and shouldn't be used for SPL by any means.

The IDmax is a great sub that will get decently loud, and sound amazing also. It has superb SQ, and many swear by their max's.

The SX is more like the FI BL in the aspect it is made to get loud while retaining a little SQ. It is not made to be a SQ sub, only to be a mixture of both SQ and SPL, moreso SPL.

The Q will sound great and be very loud off RMS. It truly is the best of both worlds.

The flatline I know little about. Is it really spelled flatlyne? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Your mixing the goals of each sub up a little bit. The SI magv4 is an SQ sub. The mag in that chart, is the mag v3, and it had much different goals than the new mag v4. It was nearly as loud as the Q in every test, and many say it sounded better. It loved ported enclosures. The new mag on the other hand is designed for sealed enclosures, and won't take anything over recommended RMS. It is a straight SQ sub, and shouldn't be used for SPL by any means.
The IDmax is a great sub that will get decently loud, and sound amazing also. It has superb SQ, and many swear by their max's.

The SX is more like the FI BL in the aspect it is made to get loud while retaining a little SQ. It is not made to be a SQ sub, only to be a mixture of both SQ and SPL, moreso SPL.

The Q will sound great and be very loud off RMS. It truly is the best of both worlds.

The flatline I know little about. Is it really spelled flatlyne? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Ok, so the IDMAX is worth considering with SQ as the main focus still? How would it hold up compared to the Fi Q or even maybe a JLW6 (Because I actually know how those sound).

Yea, I know the Fi Q was the only sub I am considering that was on that chart, but I found some others from a few others and nothing I saw touched the Fi Q (ID etc).

I really wanted to try ported and will most likely do so, but the new Mag looked good enough to consider sealed. Have you heard the new Mags personally? Do you have another sub you could compare it with as far as output goes?

I think I'll rule out the SX based on the information you gave me, I really hadn't heard anything about them other than the fact that RE's are big around here and RE claimed it was a SQ woofer and all the specs looked good enough to consider. I really appreciate the input there. How about the SE's? Do you have any experience with them, maybe I'd consider 2 SE's.

The Q looks good and a lot of people have recommended that, I'm just wondering if its just the flavor of the month or truly the best option for me. But it looks very impressive and seems to be a good option.

and yea lol they really spell it "Flatlyne", I hadn't heard anything about them other than a recommendation here anda few people over on realmofexcursion swearing that they were IA's big SQ subs and should be considered.

Sounds like Fi Q and IDMax each offer the same thing, which does it better in your opinion?

I really appreciate the better explanation of the subs I'm considering. Thanks for the help man, great response

why on earth would you be comparing an sq sub to an spl sub, then wasting everyone's time by asking which one sounds better?

why are you wasting my time with a useless post. If you read the thread you would understand how the question was developed, and I simply asked the poster who suggested it if they really had that great of SQ.

thank you for wasting 2 minutes of my life

Can anyone who has heard both Fi Q and iDMax help me with this simple equation

Sealed or Ported

SQ

Fi Q > iDMax

SPL

iDMax > Fi Q

I really have no idea, if someone could just place the "" or "=" where they feel fit, if you've heard both

Those IA driver's might not be as much as you'd expect....Today is December 1st....Our Black and Blue December Sale will start today.....I will release details soon...

Thanks,

Nick

from personal experience (installs I've done in friend's vehicles) the Fi Q gets very loud and sounds great. 2-2.5 cubes at 32hz works great. the SSA icon is louder than the Q by far, and sounds pretty **** good too. Same box as the Q works well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...